Maryland

Looking for Wedding help on a budget

Hey there!

So my brother just became engaged. Good, right? They have a small budget and want to hold it soon (this October) so there's a lot of work to be done in little time. I've been asked to help out to make things work. I figured I'd start by brain storming here, see what comes up.

The word of the day is 'small.' They plan 25-50 people, max. They want to spend 'as little as possible' giving me a budget of 5,000$ at max. They are in Montgomery County and want to avoid Baltimore. The plan (at the moment) is to find an affordable place for the reception, and head to an off site restaurant.

It's a tall order, and I'm going into research mode to do the best for my brother. If anyone has any suggestions, I would LOVE to hear from you. Thank you for your time!

V

Re: Looking for Wedding help on a budget

• Try Leiters in Frederick / Walkersville...They have a few different venues in the area and they do catering that is affordable! Also Try Dutch's Daughter in Frederick you can do 25-50 people with a buffet pretty affordably I believe. It's a very nice restaurant that has small to medium size private rooms that are perfect for weddings and parties. I am sure if you tell them that you have X amount of money for a private party and you need to feed X amount of people they can work something out with you! I have been to parties and receptions at both places. They are completely different types of locations. 

GOOD LUCK!
  • Check out properties owned by Montgomery & PG County. We are doing Newton White, but I really liked Adelphi Mill - especially for a small wedding. The Blue Heron Center in Annapolis is another inexpensive - and really pretty place. A restaurant reception is a great way to keep costs down, but if you decide to go with a caterer, Absolutely Perfect Catering has been great about working within our tiny budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards