New Jersey

Hair & Makeup North Jersey

Hi All, any recommendations for hair and makeup in North Jersey (Morristown), also on location vs. salon?? What's a resonable rate to expect when searching?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair & Makeup North Jersey

• This might be a little too far for you, but I used International Salon and Spa in Sparta.  I paid $90 for my up-do, but I was incredibly happy with it (I had Karl).  I did my own makeup.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Thanks!! I think it may be too far, but I appreciate your suggestion!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PandPMeant2BPandPMeant2B member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    I'm using I DO Your Hair and Makeup.  They travel to you, which, IMO is much easier/less stressful than having to go to a salon. They charge $300 total for trial and day of, which includes airbrush and lashes, if you want them.  I think they charge $160 for anyone else who wants their hair and make-up done, or $80 if they only want one or the other. I think they're based out of Wayne and only charge for travel if it's over an hour. I found their prices to be very fair; less than some salons and much less than most who offer on location services.

ETA: I had my trials a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier!
  • I typically go to Laboratory Hair Studio in Morristown and recently switched to BC Salon because the person who did my hair switched over. I was HOPING to use her for bridal, but she was making up her own prices and then claimed BC Salon would charge $300 for hair on location, plus travel fee and 20% gratuity (keep in mind that the location is about a block from the salon).  I about choked when I saw that!! I am most likely using Beauty by Nicole. She will travel to us and the prices are reasonable. I think $180 for hair and $180 for makeup if it is just you, but then $120 for each if more than just the bride. For anyone else, I think it is $90 for hair or $90 for makeup. She is charging a $25 travel fee to come to Morristown. I hope that helps!
  • Thanks all, very helpful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using Dona Massa for make up and Jeana Luciano from Guy Michaels salon both will travel and are super talented and decently price. let me know if you would like their info. There is also Salon Alchemy in Verona that does both hair and make up
  • I would love it if you could pass along their info!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jeanine LaMacchia (Hair) and Gina Brozon (Makeup) are both excellent, very experienced and very friendly. Both will travel. Expect $140-150 for each service for bride. 
  • Jeanine LaMacchia (Hair) and Gina Brozon (Makeup) are both excellent, very experienced and very friendly. Both will travel. Expect $140-150 for each service for bride. 
  • Hi!

Look into Donna at Amazing Faces!!! She is in your area and does amazing w/ Hair & Makeup - so its 1 person doing it all as opposed to different hair / makeup people. I've had 2 trials with her and loved it! She copied the exact looks i brought from picture on to me and it was flawless!!!

Good luck!!!

Anniversary

Vacation
  • Look into Suzi's Salon and Spa on South Street.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @smitten2012 How were her rates, did you find them reasonable?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm def going to look into Suzi's if I end up going into a salon for service. I'm soo torn on what to do...on location services or just going to a salon the day of...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think they offer both.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Having someone come to you is stress free on the day of, but that's just me.
  • I used Michelle from Skin Bar and Paint for makeup.  She was excellent. Prices were $150 for bride, which seemed to be average, and $65 for bridesmaids, which was a really great price.  That was for airbrush and included lashes, also included travel.  Me, my mom, and my bridesmaids all loved her.

Jeanine LaMacchia did hair for us, but my bridesmaids weren't too happy with the results so I'm hesitant to recommend her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards