New York-New York City

Cheap wedding gowns in/near NYC

Does anyone know of any cheap bridal gown salons in or near NYC?  I only want to spend about $500 before alterations on my gown.  I'm looking for a strapless, soft lace, mermaid/trumpet gown.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Re: Cheap wedding gowns in/near NYC

• try RK bridal 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jrkubrjrkubr member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    try saja.
  • try davids bridal. RK bridal usually runs a little more expensive than the average store. But they have the most beautiful dresses. 
    It Was Luv At First Bite!
  • Try Saks Fifth Avenue's site and click on trunk show link.  Often these shows save you over 50% off original price.

• RK Bridal! They are definitely not more expensive than other stores and will match a price if you find the same dress cheaper at another store. Got my dress there and could not be happier =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance just bought hers online.. actually a few of them that were amazing and only about $200.  Bergdorf was one of them.. Couldn't believe how inexpensive they were and also how great the quality was.  It's free return shipping on all the ones she got so she's shipping the other two back that didn't fit right or wasn't her fav. 

Also if you need a photographer check out wearepopstudios.com  or we are on the knot at:
    http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Popstudios-Weddings/Profile/PHO/091/506413/profile?sid=2WMwDgZ52NMlcHaomUWBrw
  • I didn't pay much attention to them but I saw Nordstrom Rack had some dresses there this week. I've never noticed them before so it may be worth it to call before making a trip. 

maybe The Bridal Garden?
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Try Bridal Garden, they are a discount store and all the proceeds go to charity. They say gowns are 75% off. I haven't been, but heard they have good deals you just need to search a bit.

http://bridalgarden.org/
  • I bought my dress at RK last weekend and was SHOCKED at how good the price was ($800) when the one I'd been in love with at David's was $500 more. There is nothing fancy about RK, and I'd get there REALLY early (i.e. be standing at the front door before they open) but they have a huge inventory and fantastic prices.
  • I second both Bridal Garden and RK.

First - Bridal Garden - they take appointments and their dresses are sorted by style and size which makes it really easy.  Bring a friend as you need to take dresses off the rack and to your fitting room yourself, out of the plastic bag, back into the bag, and back on the rack where you found them (not that this is such a big deal but they are heavy).  They have a special "sale" rack that would be in your budget.  My friend got her dress here.

Second - RK.  I found my dress at RK.  Their selection is huge - much bigger than the David's Bridal I went to.  Yes - get there in the morning about 20-30 minutes before they open (they will open the doors maybe a few minutes early).  You'll be first in line as they do NOT take appointments for first-timers.  For return trips you can make an appointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards