Illinois-Chicago

Cocktail style reception in Chicago

Hi!
I'm looking for reasonably priced locations and/or caterers who can do a cocktail style reception for around 130 people in the city. Thinking elevated bar food - sliders, mini tacos, small bites, etc. Any suggestions are most welcome!! We've looked at Prairie Production and liked it but want to check a few more places out.

Thanks so much!!

Re: Cocktail style reception in Chicago

• A New Leaf is a gorgeous spot for a cocktail reception, but it might be a bit out of your price range based on the food you listed.

Ravenswood Event Center?  Salvage One? 
  • What about using your favorite restaurant?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Honest Foods does a killer cocktail like reception!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ArtRevolution on Cermak
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_cocktail-style-reception-in-chicago?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:0e51e3c3-e341-4835-8338-cc29ad68f563Post:98050adc-fc61-4d60-b79c-05b5818f1753">Re: Cocktail style reception in Chicago</a>:
    [QUOTE]I looked at a few restaurants for a similar style event. We ended up at the J. Parker rooftop in Lincoln Park, but we also looked at Market, Zed 451, Volo, and Mia Francesca's.  Good Luck!
    Posted by lemonseleven[/QUOTE]<div>
    Lemonseleven: We had looked into a cocktail reception at the J Parker because the view is pretty incredible. Just out of curiosity are you doing an event on the patio and for how many? I am just curious if so what the weather contingencies are there becuase I would love to do something like that but wasn' sure if they make exceptions to use the indoor space in case--and if they could fit an entire party that had to be relocated in there (and still make their other reservations). Sorry to be nosy, if you can't share no big deal :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_cocktail-style-reception-in-chicago?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:0e51e3c3-e341-4835-8338-cc29ad68f563Post:3a5755bd-fc0d-4437-b13c-510439ec71bd">Re: Cocktail style reception in Chicago</a>:
    [QUOTE]ArtRevolution on Cermak
    Posted by truthhurts[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>How IS ArtRevolution? Anyone had their reception there?

</div>
  • Suggested caterer Reggie Ray's Catering is very reasonable

• Have you looked at Luxbar or Fulton's on the River?   I looked into them for rehearsal dinner spots and both had a menu option similar to what you're looking for.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • aekcaekc member
    First Comment
    Of all the caterers FI were in communication with, Unforgettable Edibles had the best prices, and Hearty Boys had great communication.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards