Snarky Brides

I jinxed myself. (Yay!)

After whining for way too many paragraphs about my missing bridesmaid dresses yesterday (and sending very strongly worded, treading-on-'zilla-territory e-mails to both the retailer and the designer, AND crying IRL to my FI because I am turning into a crazy person)...  they shipped this morning. 

I am not going to complain, but wtf.  IF THEY WERE IN YOUR GODDAMN WAREHOUSE ALL ALONG, WHY COULDN'T YOU FREAKING TELL ME?!?!?!?

(Yes, this is me not complaining.  *breathes*)

Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)

• Yay! I'm excited that you're so close, I'm really pumped for your wedding. Hopefully, you won't have to get any crazier =)
  • Yay bridesmaids dresses!
  • Five more weeks.  Five more weeks and all the madness will be over :) Now hold on tight because you're in for one hell of a ride, friend.

I'm glad the dresses are coming!  WOO!
    panther
  • It will be a fake wedding.  :( 

No K-1 means we'll be holding onto the marriage license for a while.  :(  :(  :(

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:87bc7f64-a5f8-49d3-8303-34e806444701">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]It will be a fake wedding.  :(  No K-1 means we'll be holding onto the marriage license for a while.  :(  :(  :(
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

=(

What's the last you heard of it? When I sent in my packet 4 stuff, it only took two weeks!
  • It's been in "initial review" since August 5th. 
  • Aww Celles! glad the dress situation is better, but I'm sorry about the fake wedding. I hope that resolves it self soon :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:32ce883e-8363-412b-869f-dd68cacade8c">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's been in "initial review" since August 5th. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That really sucks. So you haven't heard anything since you filed the stuff on your end? That's been almost as long as our whole thing has taken (if I had had my police check in advance). I'm sorry =(
  • Don't let anyone tell you it's a fake wedding. You're not a big liarface or anything. Everyone knows the situation.

You're going to have a real awesome marriage though. :)
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010

I can't help it, Jas.  I'm sooo bummed that nothing will change after our (fake) wedding.  FI will come down about a week before, we'll go through the motions, we'll head off to PV for our (fake) honeymoon... and then I'll go home to Phoenix and he'll go home to Calgary and we will STILL be in separate countries waiting on the visa and we won't even even be legally married while we do it. 

I slipped and called it a fake wedding on the phone with him last night, and he got really serious and said if that's truly how I feel (that nothing will change and we will just be going through the motions), then he would rather file the marriage license to make it "real" and then re-apply for a K-3 spouse instead of a K-1 fianc(e)e visa -- even if it sets us back another five or six months in the immigration process.  I don't want to wait another half a year to be together though, so I'd rather just suck it up and deal with the disappointment. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:baa9c735-2104-4705-af6a-c7da8dd05a28">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't help it, Jas.  I'm sooo bummed that nothing will change after our (fake) wedding.  FI will come down about a week before, we'll go through the motions, we'll head off to PV for our (fake) honeymoon... and then I'll go home to Phoenix and he'll go home to Calgary and we will STILL be in separate countries waiting on the visa and we won't even even be legally married while we do it.  I slipped and called it a fake wedding on the phone with him last night, and he got really serious and said if that's truly how I feel (that nothing will change and we will just be going through the motions), then he would rather file the marriage license to make it "real" and then re-apply for a K-1 spouse instead of a K-1 fianc(e)e visa -- even if it sets us back another five or six months in the immigration process.  I<strong> don't want to wait another half a year to be together though, so I'd rather just suck it up and deal with the disappointment. 
    </strong>Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel <3
  • I can't really say I know how you feel, because I haven't had to deal with that kind of seperation, but I can see why you're disappointed.

It totally blows that you won't get to live together after that, I agree. :(

I do think it's very special, though, to stand up in front of your loved ones and promise yourselves to one another. Your wedding day is to honor and support you as a couple. I hope that you guys have a great day.
        I'll stop with the puppies and rainbows now.
  • Thanks Jas.  I do appreciate it.  :)

He says the same thing -- but he is also more spiritual than I am (which isn't hard, considering the Diet Coke I'm knocking back right now is more spiritual than I am) and makes a distinction between the ceremony and the civil contract anyway.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:cfbb09fd-5c58-4c4e-9086-0a6f43b57c60">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Jas.  I do appreciate it.  :) He says the same thing -- but he is also more spiritual than I am (which isn't hard, considering the Diet Coke I'm knocking back right now is more spiritual than I am) and makes a distinction between the ceremony and the civil contract anyway.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

You should've heard me burst into tears and tell FI that I didn't even want to have a wedding cause TK told me it was fake.

Not really, but that was totally the gist of it.
  • Yeah, it was the suck. I inadvertantly made FI feel bad because he thought I was saying that I just didn't want a wedding if I couldn't have it done the same day we signed the papers, which made him all sadface for not making enough money to do it. I felt like such an asshole, cause I definitely wasn't saying that.

I'm over it now. Even if we do have to push it back to spring 2012 =(
  • Have you and Celles ever considered just switching identities? I think it would solve a lot of your problems.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:00a4a4f4-0f19-4cdf-9b98-24af4f4876c7">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you and Celles ever considered just switching identities? I think it would solve a lot of your problems.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Haha. Except I doubt she wants to move to Canada. Let's be honest.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:aec4aaef-1059-4fc6-8c4c-84201ea12b06">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!) : Haha. Except I doubt she wants to move to Canada. Let's be honest.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

But she could start spelling with the coveted "u"!
  • That is a plus. And we have poutine. Goddamn I want some poutine.
  • Poutine just sounds so dirty.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:200fc427-5882-4b95-b0ee-5b988c636df1">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, it was the suck. I inadvertantly made FI feel bad because he thought I was saying that I just didn't want a wedding if I couldn't have it done the same day we signed the papers, which made him all sadface for not making enough money to do it. I felt like such an asshole, cause I definitely wasn't saying that. I'm over it now. Even if we do have to push it back to spring 2012 =(
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

My lord, we are the same person.  This was us last night.

If it weren't for the snow, I would totally move to Canada!   I won't do poutine though.  I think it's kind of creepy. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:75b18138-260f-40c9-b905-fc07fa24b1a7">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!) : My lord, we are the same person.  This was us last night. If it weren't for the snow, I would totally move to Canada!   I won't do poutine though.  I think it's kind of creepy. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

WAT. It's so deliciously heart-attacky. Mmmmmmmm.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:f7bcc0c5-aabe-485e-b39c-2c1233a2b780">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poutine just sounds so dirty.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

My favourite place is Poutini's House of Poutine. That's dirty sounding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:51686cfd-d3b7-4c65-963c-2dc6dea533c2">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't had it, either.  I kind of poked at it with a fork when Jef was eating it and made a face.  I don't like gravy in general, though, so there's that.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Okay, well at least I'm not worried you're my long lost sister anymore =P Gravy is the best thing ever.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_jinxed-myself-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eb2db39-a62f-407f-bd84-e546d67d879dPost:cc8b6165-9908-4569-885b-4a10d3d9c2be">Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I jinxed myself. (Yay!) : I like all the ingredients separately, just not sure about the mix. 
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

<div>It does sound kind of gross, but it is amazing. You have to try it. How can you live in Canada and not try Poutine? </div>
  • I've been informed by the Canadian contingent on E that Jef was horribly remiss in not introducing me to timbits the last time I was in Calgary.  
  • Timbits are a must as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards