Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower invite etiquette

edited July 2013 in Pre-wedding Parties
Ok, please don't call me selfish or tacky but I need some ideas on how to deal with this situation. My aunts have decided to throw me a shower & while I know they are on an extremely tight budget & the invites are very simple. They include hardly any information! They include when , where(at the church, not at someone's home), and for who. But they don't include a return address or who the party is hosted by & they don't include any registry info. There is a rocky past with me & the aunts but we are on the mend, I just feel if I try to correct this they may get mad. So should I just let it go & what happens, happens? I just feel like my guests have no idea what is going on & I know it would be tacky of me to call them up & tell them who is hosting and where I'm registered.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower invite etiquette

• Options
    Mend*** not men's
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Could you let a few key people, such as your mother, your MOH, your sisters know where you're registered so they can share the information? Guests will ask around if they want to know where you're registered or if they want to contact the hosts. 

If this is going to be a cake and punch shower, your aunts may not need a head count. Since they're the hosts, let them work out the details. If they need to know who's going to the shower, they'll make the phone calls. 

Try to relax and let your aunts do this for you. Enjoy your shower.

• Options
    Let it go. It's honestly none of your concern, Honey. Just show up and enjoy the thoughtful gift your aunts are giving you. :-)
  • Options
    Ditto Maire that you can ask a few people to spread the word.    Old school etiquette holds that you don't state where you're registered in any form of writing.   Now it's more acceptable to put that on the shower invitation but your aunts may be old school and that's OK.

While I wouldn't have done it that way, just let it go.  
  • Options
    thanks everyone. I am just to see what happens. and to clarify...there is NO information of who to call to RSVP. It literally just says who the shower is for, where (at a church -nobody's home) and time. you have no idea who is giving the party. but thank you for your replies. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards