Snarky Brides

Guess I am a snarky bride.

So if you post something on a forum don't you actually want an honest opinion? Or do you just want everyone to agree with you. A woman on a different wedding site posted about how she was upset she didn't get proposed to. She was with a man then cheated on him while he was over seas in the military so she married the guy she cheated with then got divorced now she is back with original guy and is married to him but upset she didn't get proposed to either time.
I said in a matter of words I wouldn't take you back if you cheated. What matters is your happy. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I don't cheat. I don't care if any of you do but I just don't. If I wanna screw someone else then obviously I don't belong in the relationship I am in.
Well...someone aparently thought I was pulling the holier then thou shit. I was not trying to act like my shit doesnt stink cause Ill tell you, it does! Ha Whats your opinion? Was that to preachy of me or is it refreshing to have someone actually speak the truth once in a while.
Btw sorry for the butcher of words going on up above. I suck. :-/ Grammar police take me awaaayyyyy
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Guess I am a snarky bride.

• So, let me see if I am following:

Someone on another website cheated on her FI, then married the person she cheated with, then got back with the FI, and married him.  But, neither of those guys actually proposed to her, but they married her anyway.

You told her, you would have never taken her back...  but, basically, you are glad she is happy now.  And other posters jumped on you for being uppity, because you said you weren't a cheater and you wouldn't have taken her back.

Is that right?

• I think I poorly wrote this guys sorry. I was going back and fourth with someone who was angry that I said cheating is bad ha. Let me edit that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I obviously need links to all of these threads before I can make any kind of call as to whether or not you were out of line.

I'm waiting.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Okay sorry for the wait :) Love the gif 

Read on lemme know if you guys this it was out of line. Ive been reading stuff on the snarky bride forum for a while without posting so if you guys agree it was bad then I know I have done wrong. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Alright thanks stagemanager14 
    Yeah I shouldn't have wrote it but I did cause it just seemed odd to me that everyone was ooing and ahhing about her story while ignoring that fact. And she is super nice so I guess I should have just checked out of that situation. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just check out of wedding wire altogether. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, OP your comment was totally not relevant and certainly judgey.  It was 18 years ago, jeez!  I can understand why other posters jumped on your back-everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and they were entitled to disagree with yours.  Sounds like the bride in this situation was 18 and dumb, and 18 years later married the person she was supposed to be with.  And you implied that she is a cheater because of something she did 18 years ago.  Aren't you just perfect!

ETA:  I'm also pretty sure there's a difference between 'snarky' and 'mean'; OP, I'm not sure you see the difference.
  • It's just a good idea to avoid WW like that creepy uncle at family events.  You know the one.

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I just read all that.  I don't think your first comment was uncalled for.  But I don't think you should have continued to respond the way you did, given the nature of that particular forum.  Everyone who responded was gushing over how "romantic" the story was, and I was just sitting there rolling my eyes (Infidelity is a button for me).  But I wouldn't have responded further. 

People on TK are way more honest than WW or WB, and I like it that way, but not everyone does.  They're all open forums, so you can post what you want, but I'm a firm believer in knowing your audience before you speak.

• It's just a good idea to avoid WW like that creepy uncle at family events.  You know the one.

• I have no idea what's going on.
  • Thanks guys I see the error of my ways. I appreciate the honest opinions!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • btw creepy unlce, IS creepy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I probably would have said something. That was disgusting.

Now that I think about it though, I would have talked shit to all idiots who were gushing over how "romantic" her story is and not the woman who made a mistake years ago.

Anniversary

Ahahaha, I just snorted cola through my nose, and it's your fault!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Ahahaha, I just snorted cola through my nose, and it's your fault!
    Teehee YOU'RE WELCOME
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards