Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Are you tipping your officiant?

I am getting married at Caeser's in the Juno Garden.  Is it protocol to tip the officiant?  Considering I am paying $2k for the 15 ceremony?

Re: Are you tipping your officiant?

• Options
    you're paying $2,000 for a 15 minute ceremony? wow that's crazy!! but if that's what you want i'm glad you went for it! i would say tipping is kind of a protocol but it all depends on your experience with them! our officiant is great, she's allowing us to help design the ceremony and really listens to what we want! we will be tipping her because of that!
    and remember, the officiant usually works for a company. i doubt your officiant will be pocketing that $2,000... that's probably more for the venue of your ceremony i assume? so a tip, even small, would probably be appreciated!
  • Options
    Holy cow! I'm paying $200 for our officiant!  Our wedding in total is going to be about $3500! I can't imagine paying $2k for an officiant.  I'd say $50 tip. 
  • Options
    I think I have been misunderstood.  The wedding ceremony package at Caesers is $2000.  That includes the officiant, space, a small bouquet, video, pictures.....etc.  But the ceremony only last 15 minutes.  I guess the better question, when you buy a packaged wedding at any of the big chapels do you tip the officiant?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards