Rhode Island

Cocktail hour opinion

I was thinking about skipping stations for my cocktail hour and doing unlimited amounts of several different kinds of passed h'deuvers. There will also be open bar during cocktail hour. Any thoughts or opinions? I want to be sure it looks like enough and not as if I took a shortcut. I just think stations can get a bit messy.

Re: Cocktail hour opinion

• I'm not having any stations for my cocktail hour.  All of our apps will be passed.  Personally, I'm not a fan of stations (the food should be brought to my guests, they shouldn't have to seek itout).  As long as the food is good and there's plenty for everyone, I don't think your guests would see this as a "shortcut".
  • Guests are usually hungry by the time the cocktail hour comes around. For me personally I would rather stations only because I've been to weddings when it was tray passed, guests were not served as quickly or as much as they had wanted. Waiting for trays to come around can be frustrating. But you could always do both...not sure if that would be much more of a cost or equally the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards