Snarky Brides

Trashy Confessions

13»

Re: Trashy Confessions

• cofkel said:
    1. Sit down dinner but I insisted that for apps we had to have franks in blanket and spinach dip-and also lipton onion soup mix dip with the veggies- venue lady thinks I am crazy.
    2. Def a whale-grandma told me big girls should wear simple clothes to not make themselves look bigger-instead I am wearing the most obnoxious blingy gaudy trashy shit I could find-and I love it.
    3. I bought my necklace at the wedding for 2.99 on the kohls sale rack.
    4. My shoes are my white old navy flip flops that I already owned, I think I may clean them however.
    5. Speaking of wine classes do any of you partake in what we call "shower soda" which is when you bring booze into the shower with you before you are going to go out for the evening? My friends and I did this in college and it stuck so I have plastic wine glasses that perfectly fit on a ledge in my shower so I can drink and not get water in them. Trashy? Maybe.
    Lol sure do! But we tend to call it shower strongbow or whatever we are drinking
  • annathy03 said:
    This is fucking brilliant. Have you ever been able to find ones that are moderately comfy? I love the idea of doing this but the ones I have are not ones I'd want to spend all day in first :-/
    Yes!  I ordered them from Frederick's. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    1. Sit down dinner but I insisted that for apps we had to have franks in a blanket and spinach dip-and also lipton onion soup mix dip with the veggies- venue lady thinks I am crazy.
    2. Def a whale-grandma told me big girls should wear simple clothes to not make themselves look bigger-instead I am wearing the most obnoxious blingy gaudy trashy shit I could find-and I love it.
    3. I bought my necklace at the wedding for 2.99 on the kohls sale rack.
    4. My shoes are my white old navy flip flops that I already owned, I think I may clean them however.
    5. Speaking of wine classes do any of you partake in what we call "shower soda" which is when you bring booze into the shower with you before you are going to go out for the evening? My friends and I did this in college and it stuck so I have plastic wine glasses that perfectly fit on a ledge in my shower so I can drink and not get water in them. Trashy? Maybe.
    You are a mad genius!
    I won't lie I was helping my future sister in law paint her house yesterday and it was 96 degrees out (I am from CT, that is too freaking hot) and when I got home I enjoyed an excellent shower soda. It was magic, just magic.

ETA- Fixed some redic spelling issues. Sigh, maybe too much shower soda before work hahaha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am super late to the game and I have NO idea how this all started but I want to play I want to play I want to PLAAAY!

-But before the game starts- shower sodas do NOT stop with college! They are a staple in my house.

I spent maybe $30 on my ORANGE, FLAT, FLIPFLOPS for my wedding. Oh, and they have a bit of sparkle.
    I am no wearing any jewelry because jewelry is too klazzy for me.
    I bought my dress off the rack and am having my seamstress ignore a small flaw that I think would be too risky to try to fix.
    I am busty and not wearing a bra to my wedding, no cups sewn in either. Just letting gravity win that day.
    I'm inviting fewer people than my venue can hold so I can properly host the people that mean the most to me. Because I'm trash.
    I am pretty sure I'm not going to wear any makeup because I never wear it and I don't want to feel like a stranger in my own skin on my wedding day.
    Also, I wear flats every day. I would look way more ridiculous trying to wear huge heels I can't walk in and fall down all the time. 

I think that's all for now. Even if I don't really know all the rules, don't hate the player hate the game.

• 1. I drink wine from the bottle.
    2. Flip flops all the way for about 9 months out of the year. (combat boots the other 3)
    3. The flowers for my upcoming nutials will most likely be purchased at Shoprite a couple days before.  oh the horror!
    4.  Two words: Barefoot reception
    5. Buffet dinner......womp womp!
    6. Making my centerpieces, favors and all that good junk....

So Trashy!  
  • Tryxx81 said:
    1. I drink wine from the bottle.
    2. Flip flops all the way for about 9 months out of the year. (combat boots the other 3)
    3. The flowers for my upcoming nutials will most likely be purchased at Shoprite a couple days before.  oh the horror!
    4.  Two words: Barefoot reception
    5. Buffet dinner......womp womp!
    6. Making my centerpieces, favors and all that good junk....

So Trashy!  

If my wine isn't cold enough I won't hesitate to put ice cubes in it..  I hate opening wine bottles so the new electric wine opener that does all the work for me is my new best friend.

Actually I don't know if that is more trashy or just plain lazy...

• Possibly a bit of both.... You are not alone with putting ice cubes in wine.   I have done it on occasion as well.  Very chic and classy...  lol
  • Tryxx81 said:
    Possibly a bit of both.... You are not alone with putting ice cubes in wine.   I have done it on occasion as well.  Very chic and classy.

Haha, that reminds me, I was in 711 yesterday getting Riesling and Cheetos, and the guy behind me commented on how classy my purchase was.   I didn't think of a good comeback until I got in the car.
  • ha!  you shaould gone back in with cheeto cheese around your mouth and said it!  

• tarratall said:
    I ate a hot pocket in the shower once.
    This is the best thing I have read in a while
  • tarratall said:
    I ate a hot pocket in the shower once.
    That's so randomly awesome that I don't even care to know why you did it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Could someone fill me in, too? Totally lost here ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• This has been one of my favorite threads yet :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Am I the only one that can't get over the epic Dolly gif on the first page?

SaveSave
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • RajahBMFD said:
    Am I the only one that can't get over the epic Dolly gif on the first page?

Nope. It's awesome-sauce. As is Dolly Parton. Side note: My grandfather got a Dolly Parton lollipop for his birthday one year. It was a bust shaped one, like those old fashioned statues that are from the ribcage up. Except her "bust" was bigger than her head. Pretty sure the image of that lollipop will forever be burned in my memory.
    This was filed in my "cannot be unseen" file after I saw someone post it on Facebook.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was told wearing a princess gown is trashy. 
    But guess what? I dont give a shit! Gonna rock one anyways! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    1. We are having a buffet.  It's going to be simple and delicious!
    2. My mom is making me a brooch bouquet, and it's not going to be all matching pieces either.  It's going to have some *gasp* old family jewelry tucked into it.
    3. My shoes were $35 dollars and are white and sparkly and don't come anywhere near matching my dress.
    4. My bridesmaids aren't wearing the same shoes. (The horror!)
    5. Our favors are custom dice with our names and the date on them.  Our gamer friends are going to love them (and everyone else is missing one from a board game somewhere).  They don't match the rest of the decor at all.
    6. All our center pieces are either from the Dollar Tree (say waht!) or are handmade.
    7. My mom, step-mom, and FMIL are all hosting the bridal shower together.  They're having a blast!
    8. Some of mom's friends who helped out with the decorations wanted to come to the bridal shower, so they're invited for the free food and the party and are not expected to bring anything but their fine selves.  Trashy, trashy, trashy.
    "Courage is the price which life exacts for granting peace..."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards