California-Inland Empire

Affordable wedding/reception location

I was over the hill excited when my boyfriend of almost five years proposed to me. He gave me a gorgeous ring that has been in his family for three generations. Not until we started searching for a wedding/reception location did my bubble burst a little. Our intention is to fully pay for the wedding/reception ourselves with a budget of about 10k. Does anyone have any ideas about a location? We would like to have a live band if possible and about 100 guests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable wedding/reception location

• Hello heathershaw4785 ~ Congratulations on your engagement!!!

I think that your post is exactly my post! :-) I have been engaged for less than 2 weeks!!! I live out of state, but I want to return home to the IE for our wedding.

Again, my question is heathershaw4785's question, so we hope that someone on this message board can offer us invaluable direction.

... and heathershaw4785, if I learn of anything new, then I will message you here.

Happy planning!!...and even happier engagement!!! Let's promise to not get too stressed and enjoy the full process!

OGauntie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Ladies,
    My wedding just passed and i feel i did miracles with my 10K budget for 150 guests.

Look into Wedgewood banquets, they have all inclusive packages and customize them to fit your needs.

I went a different route due to my guest count and budget, here's the vendors i recommend:
    Flowers - $700 John Mays Flowers. www.bestweddingflowers.com (15 centerpieces, Bridal bouqet, parents boutinierres, toss bouqet, and flowers to Mary)

Catering - $3,500 Included gratituity Chateu Catering Pomona CA http://www.theechateau.com/

Photo / Video: $1,400 Jacinto Foto & Video Moreno Valley CA. 120 prints, digital guestbook with engagement pics, digital wedding album and 3 videos. Included getting ready shots and full coverage until 10pm

• I'm also trying to stay under 10K but my guest list keeps going up.

I'm getting married at Secluded Garden Estate ;) My FI and I looked at so many venues but we wanted a venue that would allowed us to bring our own food and alcohol.  
  • Thank you mcda04 and emmyloveseddie!! This is hopeful!!! Your catering bill mcda04 was outstanding!! Yes, narrowing the possible guest list is going to be difficult, but we're not quite there yet. We're still looking for a venue near home ih the Inland Empire and I'm trying to locate viable options while living out of state. Your posts help!!

I lived in Seattle for 10 years and there are so many great parks with marvelous skyline views to hold the ceremony, Then, it's just a matter of finding a reception venue. I wish that I could find something similar in the IE (as far south as Temecula wine country and north to Rancho Cucamonga). I know that we aren't the beach cities, but I'm still hoping to locate something that gives me a similar feeling.

OGAuntie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're welcome. Good luck and happy planning. i posted these in a different board yesterday. I'm not sure you'll get a beachy feel in any of these locations but they're still beautiful outdoor spaces.

Crestmore Manor in Riverside
    Tenessee Gardens in Redlands.
    Kimberly Crest House and Gardens, Redlands
    Serendipity in Oak Glen 
    Imagine That - upland CA http://www.imaginethatevents.com/garden.php
  • edited December 2012

I totally hear you about afforable locations! Looking around was kind of frustrating. I am getting married at Hillside Farms in Norco. Its a non-alcoholic, all outdoor, grounds only event space that this older couple own and live on. Wedding and reception all for 1500. There are other expenses between dance floor and porta poties(nice ones are 1000) but the location is beautiful and cute. Went to a wedding there in 2010 and loved everything aout it. Hope this helps!

Marrying my best friend, 20 years old, marathon running,working 30 hours a week and getting a BA in psychology. Sounds like life!
  • Check into the Wrightwood guest ranch. It's amazing. We thought for sure we couldn't afford it but their quote was amazing!!! We're having a wedding/reception and open bar for 50 for around $3000.
  • Have you looked into www.sbpoolparties.com ? You can have 60-75 guests. They spacialize in weddings on a budget. As little as $800 for BOTH the ceremony AND reception there. And you can bring in your own food, drinks, etc.
  • It has been a while since the original post but I wanted to come back and follow up. We are getting married with a reception to follow at private golf course downtown Palm Springs and the site rental fee is $1000. We are having a buffet dinner with a prime rib carving station for $35 pp including tip and tax. We nailed now a photographer for $1500 with five hours. We are having a photo booth for our guests which costs $799 and they will stay for four hours. The wedding band is a bit spendy at $3000 for the day but they come highly recommended. I got a $1200 gown for $550 which includes a free tux rental for my fiance. I just lined up a florist who will do four bridesmaids bouquets, bridal bouquet, ten boutonniere's, six corsages and a flower girl basket and hang a swag of fabric in the tree we are getting married under all for $850. The venue where we are to be married has centerpiece vases we can use and I will just buy some limes and purple flowers to complete the look. I still haven't found someone to marry us and we have yet to buy the invites but things are going great and definitely looking up compared to my original post!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• $1000 for site fee?? wow. that's great! where is this location?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards