November 2013 Weddings

sorry brides, need to get this out.

Sorry, but I just have to get this worry off my chest:

I'm having such difficulty finding the "perfect" hairstyle... I hate my face. Don't get me wrong, I've been on a good diet, working out... went down two skirt sizes already!

But my FACE... ugh. I just hate how round it is, and I haven't felt pretty lately...maybe it's just my nerves talking. in a nutshell, when it is between me and my sister, she has the looks. I have the comedic, improv-ot-make-people-laugh DNA, apparently. hahaha =P

I'm sorry, I just needed to get this out. My FI tells me that he thinks I'm beautiful no matter what hairstyle I have, which makes me smile. I just want to be able to look back at my wedding pictures and say "Wow... I looked stunning." Or something along those lines. =]

Once again, my deepest apologies.

The End! Love you all! <3

imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: sorry brides, need to get this out.

• Don't be sorry, we're here to hear each other rant, and for moral support :) For your day, are you planning on doing your hair yourself, have a friend do it or hire a professional? If you can fit it in your budget it might be worth hiring someone, since this is something that you're feeling stressed about and is important to you. To put your mind at ease, you could even go to a salon and have them do something to your hair that complements your face shape, make it a girls day out, have fun and relax, but most of all remember you are beautiful just the way you are, and listen to your fiancé!

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Don't be sorry, we're here to hear each other rant, and for moral support :) For your day, are you planning on doing your hair yourself, have a friend do it or hire a professional? If you can fit it in your budget it might be worth hiring someone, since this is something that you're feeling stressed about and is important to you. To put your mind at ease, you could even go to a salon and have them do something to your hair that complements your face shape, make it a girls day out, have fun and relax, but most of all remember you are beautiful just the way you are, and listen to your fiancé!

this! we are here to help

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Why are you comparing yourself to your sister? No one will be doing that at your wedding.

I would recommend booking a hair trial with a stylist, perhaps the person who normally cuts your hair. You can search the interwebz for a lifetime looking for a "perfect" style but you can't know if it is perfect until you have someone try it out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have a very round face too, ugh! I find that wearing my hair down, close to my face helps to  make it appear less round. Maybe try something like that? That's what I plan to do on my wedding day, even though it's what I do everyday...no fancy updo's for this round faced girl (but I do plan to get extensions to fancy it up a bit, haha). Good luck!! 
  • I would definitely do some trials with a stylist.  They can put you at ease about your hair worries and they should be able to come up with a style that suits the shape of your face. 
    I like Shannon's recommendation about extensions.  If that is within budget, so for some added length and/or volume to help you find something that you love!
  • I think we all feel insecure about ourselves at some point in time. I completely understand where you are coming from, I hate my face as well. If you are using a make up artist for your wedding, make sure you have trials before the big day. I just did a trial a few weekends ago and absolutely loved it. She made me feel so beautiful which is not often I feel that way
  • I went in for a trial with NOTHING in mind but I love what we came up with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards