Pre-wedding Parties

Pre wedding parties and destination weddings?

a13049a13049 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
edited July 2013 in Pre-wedding Parties
When planning are the rules for destinatione wedding parties the same? We may be looking at a wedding in Vegas and he wants it to be just the two of us standing up, so no bridesmaids and groomsmen. So is it okay to still have the traditional bachelor/bachelorette and bridal showers. I hadn't thought anything about them but already his best friend and my sisters have implied they want to plan something. Although his best friend wants to plan the bachelor party locally and my sister wants to plan the bachelorette party in Vegas. If we do have something I feel like it needs to be both in town or both in Vegas because a lot of our guests are couples. My grandma is miffed about having a non traditional wedding in general and wants to throw a reception when we get back and I told her that didn't sit well with me. She's really mad now, and says fine ill throw you something before the wedding. I'm thinking this is still not ok, but what about the bachelor and bridal shower?

Re: Pre wedding parties and destination weddings?

• Ditto Retread. People can be pissed all they want that they can't throw you a party. Too bad for them. It's not polite to invite people to wedding-related parties and then not invite them to the wedding itself. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • a13049a13049 member
    Thanks, we would be inviting people to the wedding. We just won't have bridesmaids and groomsmen, so everyone who would be invited to the events would be invited to the wedding. Although, because of travel, I'm sure less people will be able to attend then if it were a local wedding. This is why bf bestirred wants to have bachelor party back home. Sis wants to have bachelorette party in vegas, because it vegas. I think because of a lot of mutual friends are couple we need to do one or the other, but be the same.
  • a13049a13049 member
    Ok, that makes since. We definitely wouldn't host it ourselves. Most of the showers and parties I have gone to have been hosted by the best an and maid of honor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards