Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

How do you go about selecting a hair/makeup artist?

Is it just a matter of looking at their portfolios and scheduling a trial? If you don't like it, find someone else? I'd probably do a makeup trial for my engagement photos, but this whole process is very foreign to me.
Anniversary

Re: How do you go about selecting a hair/makeup artist?

• Options
    LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    It seems strange to me as well since you have to pay for the trials. I mean, if you hate it, you try someone else but you're still out the trial fee money. Kind of annoying but I guess it's the makeup artist's time? I am just going by friends recommendations and sample photos from their websites to see whose style I like. Hope it goes well. When are you planning to trial? How far out?
  • Options
    I contacted a few makeup places just out of curiosity and they said they've been booking 2014 weddings for a few months now. I'm next August and she said I was right on time, which seems crazy to me. I could book her now, but I'd have to do another trial closer to the wedding when I know better what I want anyway.

That place might have been particularly popular.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I checked out websites and looked at pics there.  I also was in a few weddings and liked the makeup the makeup artist did.  Once you find someone all your friends will use that person which is sort of what I'm doing.  A friend of mine got married and we loved her makeup artist so then the next person got married and used her etc etc. 
  • Options
    I compared prices, checked for reviews, glanced through online portfolios. Ultimately, I picked based on location, reviews, and customer service (ability to answer emails, work out logistics etc). I had my trial on a night where we did a date so then it didn't all go to waste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards