Moms and Maids

Bridal Shower Menu

I apologize for posting so many discussions! I also apologize if this posts weird, my mac is on the fritz. I'm sure I'll post many more discussions though since this is my first time throwing a bridal shower and I'm super nervous!

So the BM's and I are getting together next week to finalize the menu for the bridal shower. This is what we had thought of the last time we got together. I wanted to get everyones opinions on it. Should I add or delete something? Also, we were thinking of adding an edible favor, we already bought mini bottles of lotion from VS but one BM thought we should add something else, any suggestions for that? Let me know!

Chicken salad sandwiches
Ham and cheese sandwiches
Potato salad
Macaroni salad in a light lemon dressing not a creamy dressing
Spinach and artichoke dip
Veggie tray
Fruit salad

Chocolate chip cookies
Double chocolate chip cookies
Lemon bars
Brownies
White chocolate cranberry cookies
Chocolate covered strawberries

Lemonade
Iced tea
Water
Iced coffee bar with syrups and baileys

Re: Bridal Shower Menu

• Not sure if you have any vegetarians, but you might want to add tuna or egg salad just in case. Nacho chips with the dip will also be a nice addition.  Also, cake pops are a cute idea and there is a serious short cut.  Go to Dunkin Donuts and buy plain cake donut holes.  Dip the lollipop sticks in melted candy coating then insert into the donut hole (acts like glue). Then dip the hole into the coating, at this point sprinkles or other decorations will hold.  You can let them dry and write a message on them in icing.
    I've dong great favors from the Dollar Tree, you just have to be creative. Ex. pretty wine or margarita glasses wrapped in cellophane, or they sell boxes of 2 votive candle holders that I matched with candles and wrapped in cellophane.

• Your menu looks fine to me. We don't usually do shower favors around here, so I'd be very surprised with the little hand lotions. I don't think you need anything else. 

• I guess I should have added all that info in my OP. There will be no vegans or vegetarians and no one has a gluten intolerance. One girl is allergic to nuts so there will be no nuts anywhere!
  • Just make sure its food the bride enjoys or at least eats!

If you're giving bottles of lotions I would stick with that theme, like a mirror or a little purse or maybe a nail polish in the wedding color. Thats just my opinion not trying to be rude.

• Sounds pretty versatile... good job, and good luck
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards