Getting in Shape
Options

So, is this possible?

Hi ladies, this is my first time over on this board and I am hoping for some motivation. I used to be a workout fiend, was married to a personal trainer and worked out 5-6 days a week religiously. Then divorce, house foreclosure, single motherhood, depression set in, blah, blah,blah. I quit the gym and didn't work out or watch what I ate for an entire year. I put on 20 pounds and don't feel like myself. I am finally in a better place, going to therapy and am newly engaged. I am getting remarried in a little less than 9 months and am wondering if I can lose these 20 or even 15 pounds in that amount of time. My endurance and strength have seriously declined. I just started Jillian Michaels 13 week body revolution workout program and have Sean t's Insanity waiting in the wings. I have not rejoined a gym because of cost and daycare issues but if it's what I have to do then I will. Any tips to help me get back into the swing of things and motivated are appreciated. Thanks for listening!

Re: So, is this possible?

• Options
    So sorry to hear about all that happened, but glad things are turning around for you!

I think you can certainly do it!
    The workout plan sounds great, but don't forget the healthy eating piece!  Do you use anything to track your food?  If not, many of us swear by online tracking tools like MyFitnessPal to help monitor our calorie and nutrient intake, as this is a big piece to getting in shape.  Our accountability threads each day are also a great place to check in, whether you're on a roll or are in a bit of a funk.  All of the girls are SO supportive!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sorry about everything that happened, but it's great that you're happy again!

I second all of Lobsters suggestions. Also, you don't need a gym. Your current plan sounds good and if you feel you need more add some running, walking, or biking into the mix to get yourself outside. Gyms are great and I'm sure because of your workout background you know your way around one well, but they aren't necessary. Should you feel the need though, you can get a membership at a very basic gym (read: no classes) like Planet Fitness for only $10 a month and no contract. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that life hit you so hard :( 
    But good for you for wanting to  get back into your healthy lifestyle. 15-20 pound sin 9 months is TOTALLY doable if you genuinely have 15-20 of excess poundage to lose. :) 

Stick around, join in on the accountability thread. 
    Welcome to the board! 
  • Options
    Welcome, and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

It sounds like you have a solid plan, and I agree with the others. I don't have gym access where I live, and have used dvd's, an elliptical, a set of resistance bands from Amazon, and the great outdoors to my advantage.

I also agree with @kwitherington - don't do too much too fast. You do risk burnout, and it can be frustrating, especially if you're not seeing results right away. 

I've been where you are: divorced, single mom ... and my only other piece of advice to you is to make this a lifestyle, not a 'diet,' otherwise you risk falling back into old habits once you reach your wedding. 

Good luck, and welcome aboard!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all of the support, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards