Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Advice for Choosing a Wedding Planner???

Hey everyone!

I am newly engaged and looking to hire a wedding planner! I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on HOW to go about choosing which planner i hire. Im basically torn between two; one has a VERY good deal price wise, but the other seems more personable and ill be able to meet with them in person which is a big LIKE for me lol.

Thanks so much!!

Re: Advice for Choosing a Wedding Planner???

• Options
    I would just go with your gut and choose the one you feel most comfortable with, not necessarily the one with the lower price.  The days leading up to your wedding will be really distracting and busy, you need someone calm, cool, collected that is easy to get a hold of. 
  • Options
    coolcatclairecoolcatclaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Unless you just have no choice on the budget, I would go with the one you like and makes you feel comfortable.  I had the same issue last year when I got engaged and especially with planning from a distance and on my own.  I narrowed things down to a handful of potential planners but it turns out 1 of them wouldn't even meet with me unless we had a contract first!  I ended up going with Weddings by LuLu because Lu was so helpful before we ever even met and when we finally did meet she just made me feel immediately calmer about the whole process.  She always seems so genuinely interested in our wedding and our plans.  Best planning decision I've made!
  • Options
    @louisianablue who did you have plan your wedding?
  • Options
    I hired Carolyn Arthurs at All About Events for her month of coordination services.  She did a great job of coordinating all of the vendors and making sure everything went off without a hitch the day of my wedding.  It was such a relief to be able to enjoy my day and know that everything was in her capable hands.
  • Options
    I hired this mother and daughter team Graceful Event Productions.
  • Options
    I hired Rachel Stepanov of The Fairy Tale Effect. She is actually running a special right now; $400 if you mention "Day of Services." She is super sweet, energetic and has wonderful information and great connections in Austin. 
    I would definitely go with who you feel comfortable with. You need someone who is truly there for you; not for a paycheck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards