Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Going with a big company vs a small shop

I'm interviewing photographers right now and I'm between two options.

Option 1 is a big company that only does wedding photography. They have very competitive packages and a very organized process. They match you with a photographer based on your style and you get a coordinator to assist with the process. It's all very streamlined- but feels cold and corporate. We have a skype interview with them in Thursday where I'll be able to learn more about them and the experience of the photographers we'll have. I am a little worried that the guys may not have the passion you find at smaller stops because they are just employees, opposed to owners. But, again, very professional and great pricing.

Option 2 is a photographer couple. I got along great with the wife, she's wonderful, very sweet and I feel like she really cares about the couples she works with and capturing our day. She's already taken the time to look at the venue to get inspiration. We don't get as much for the money, but I feel like we would likely get better quality photos from them. They only do photography so we'd have to hire a videographer, while the big company does both. 

Which would you go with? 

Here's the two shops:

They both have excellent reviews on multiple sites.

Re: Going with a big company vs a small shop

• Options
    I didn't look at either of the sites, but I would definitely lean towards the independent photographer.  I'm not a fan of these shops that set you up with a photographer.  George Street gets mixed reviews.  My friend actually used them and she was very unhappy with the photographer and her photos.
  • Options
    I looked at george street, and we ultimately booked with another photographer. We went with a small family (husband/wife/daughter) team. While it was much more expensive, I loved the personalization they allow for.

While I liked the photos they showed me of the photogs that were available in my area... I LOVED the work I was shown by the group we went with. I was able to see multiple weddings, full albums, and their work blew me away. Ultimately - I just felt way more comfortable. We did our engagement shoot and I got those back and they were incredible and couldn't be happier with my decision to use the family and not the big company.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards