Getting in Shape

Anyone trying low-carb?

So I really do not have a ton of weight to lose-maybe 5 to 7 and then tone up the rest. Being in college really put on those extra few pounds because I ate like crap. I read where low-carb is a good way to lose weight but also a good lifestyle approach because your never hungry. I tried the old standby low-fat diet that most doctors recommend and I ended up starving and by dinner time I would eat double what I was suppose to and I know that cant be good. I want to slim down for my wedding of course, but I also want something that I can use long after my wedding. I was wondering if there were any low-carbers out there and how it worked for you? I really do not not need to be so strict, I was thinking I could go ahead and have greek yogurt (plain), nuts, and fruit like berries??

Re: Anyone trying low-carb?

• I love me some carbs, but I try to avoid most complex carbohydrates (mostly grain-based).  I find this makes a huge difference for me and my weight/overall feelings of healthiness (leaner, less bloated).  An example of my typical during the week food (since it's easily packagable and I can pretty  much make it all on Sundays):

Meal 1: 3 egg whites, 1 cup spinach, 6 asparagus spears and 1/3 Old fashion Oats with 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil …you could also try 2 tbsp. of sugar free coffee creamer (I get mine at Harris teeter).

Meal 2: 1 can of tuna (if using sweet relish make sure it is sugar-free), no mayo and 1/3 cup cucumbers 

Meal 3: 3 ounces of ground chicken breast, 1/3 cup of sweet peas and 4 ounces of  sweet potatoes

Meal 4: 3 ounces of chicken breast, 1 ½ cup of romaine lettuce with balsamic vinegar, 3 prunes, 1/3 cup cucumber, 2 Dole pineapple rings

Meal 5: 4 ounces of tilapia, 2 tbs of salsa and 12 asparagus spears.  Plus ¼ cup of cucumber soaked in balsamic vinegar

I'm NEVER hungry if I eat all this.  It's almost paleo,minus the oatmeal, which is still a relatively good carb.  I also completely gave up soda (not even diet) and I think that helps-read studies on diet soda, some experts think it tricks your body into holding onto more fat/calories (I'm not a health expert by any means).

If you can be disciplined enough to make everything on a Sunday (or whatever your off day is), and prepackage it, it makes eating healthy and low carb very easy (and with all of this food, you shouldn't go hungry-I don't, and I'm doing 2-a-days 3 days a week).

Drugstore.com has super cheap glad lock ware (or whatever it;s called) in 2 cup sizes (I think its size small).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards