Outdoor Weddings

Too many colors???

Hey everyone, i'm just wonderng how many colors you have in your color scheme? Right now i'm at yellow, pool blue, silver, pink and white, but I also like the color mint green so i'm kind of just confused as to what I should do and how many colors I should stick with??? I don't want to look like i'm having a rainbow wedding by any means..... our wedding is outdoors and has kind of a beachy/tropical/romantic/simple theme going on.....I kind of feel like i'm drowning so help me!

Re: Too many colors???

• Hey everyone, i'm just wonderng how many colors you have in your color scheme? Right now i'm at yellow, pool blue, silver, pink and white, but I also like the color mint green so i'm kind of just confused as to what I should do and how many colors I should stick with??? I don't want to look like i'm having a rainbow wedding by any means..... our wedding is outdoors and has kind of a beachy/tropical/romantic/simple theme going on.....I kind of feel like i'm drowning so help me!

that sounds like way too many colors.  I had a wine color and apple green. the primary color was wine and the green was an accent color. 

I would stick with two colors (white doesn't have to count as one of those colors)  Maybe yellow & blue, or  yellow and mint green. the way your plan sounds now, it sounds like an easter egg hunt.

• I think it really depends on what you are doing with all those colors. It'd be a little mich to have BMs in blue with pink sashes, yellow table linens, and green centerpieces in silver vases, you know? Maybe choose two, like yellow and mint green, for all of the big things (BM dresses, table linens, etc) but have mixed, wildflower type centerpieces that contain more of them. That could look nice, if you like the mixed floral look.

We had a ton of different shades of blue, but they were all blues and went together. Anything that wasn't blue was some kind of neutral, like black, silver, or white/ivory.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LOL @bunni727 No I wouldn't have my bridesmaids in that, i'm thinking of having them in either blue or yellow dresses the pink would only be for my bouquet and FH's boutineere if the girls were in blue they would have yellow roses and if they were in yellow they would have some other color but yeah I see all these gorgeous colors and so maybe if I did an ombre effect of blue and yellow?
  • I think you could do a lot of the colors if they are for dresses, bouquets, corsages etc. if they all "go" or are the same shade. I'd pick only a couple for the decor though.
    Our wedding will be in a park and it's a casual enough location that I was worried that too many colors would look like a birthday party so most of the decor will be white with accents of other colors.
    I like the wildflower idea, that could tie in a lot of the colors if it fits your style.
  • We had two main colors, teal blue and burnt orange, with champagne linens and ivory in the bouquets and tables/chairs. I used color sparingly considering we were outdoors and surrounded by greenery.
  • Too many colors. Pick one or two and AT MOST one accent color if you want to add a pop here and there. I have however seen brides whose BMs all wear a different dress color (e.g. one BM wears green, one blue, pink, yellow, etc.). That can look cute. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Check out the retired thread "Let's AW those outdoor Spaces!!."  People have posted photos of their outdoor weddings.  There are several pictures there from someone who used multiple pastel colors.  If you see those pictures, it may help you make up your mind whether or not you think it will be too many colors.

• That's a lot of colors you listed. You should narrow it down.
  • Too many! You have to narrow it down.
  • yeah I actually have decided to go in a completely different direction after seeing some ideas! My new colors are grey pink and white! very simple! :)
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That seems like a lot...  I have chosen violet and a light blue for my colours.  I think you might want to narrow it down to three or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards