New York-Western

Vendor Reviews - Rochester, NY

I was married on July 28th, 2012 in Rochester, NY and wanted to post my reviews in hopes of helping someone.  Our wedding had 7 guests, but we kind of went "all out" for it.

Dinner night before wedding:  Edibles Restaurant on University Ave

I made this reservation well in advance of us going there for 9 people.   It was mostly awful.  My grandma loved her salmon but the rest us had a really hard time finding something to eat on the super ecclectic small menu.  They stuck us in a corner in a very small area with not enough tables for 9 people.  We were squished and uncomfortable.  I would not recommend this place for a large group at all.  We also had to wait a VERY long time for our food.

Venue: Edward Harris House Bed and Breakfast (Park Ave area)

My new husband and I rented out every room at the Edward Harris House for our families to join us for our wedding ceremony. Us and our families were treated like royalty and had an amazing time. We stayed in Garden Suite and then our families were in the others. The rooms themselves are all uniquely laid out with beautiful details and amazingly comfortable beds and linens. The rooms are clean and well taken care of. Breakfast for the two mornings was awesome. Susan (one of the owners) and her assistant Heather took care of us and our family for sure. Our ceremony was in the beautiful garden outside and Susan could not have picked a better reading and vows for us. All of the normal "wedding" stress people have- I didn't. Every detail, from the getting ready in the morning to when we left in a limo for dinner was absolutely perfect.  Our families are still raving about how wonderful the Edward Harris House and their staff was to us. Everyone had an extremely memorable and positive experience. My new husband and I cannot say enough good things about them!

Limo:  S&S Limos 

We rented a limo SUV to take us from the B&B to dinner at Mario's.  They were excellent, on-time, and very organized before the wedding in making sure everything was documented appropriately.  Our limo driver was very professional and courteous.  Only little issue was that they did not have a step stool to get into the limo - it was difficult for me (the bride) and my FI's mom to get in.   We made it but it was extremely difficult.  I'm only 5'1 and in a wedding gown it quite a challenge.  Make sure you request a step stool if you get the SUV!

Dinner:  Mario's

We rented the front room at Mario's (the Oak Room) - and it was perfect for us.  We had 2 waiters who were extremely attentive and professional.   Our food was amazing and they treated us very good!!  The highlight of the night was towards end of dinner, there was a two-man band with an accordians that were going around Mario's playing for the guests, they came into the room and played a few songs for us.  We absolutely loved it!

Bridal Salon:  Alfred Angelo, Greece, NY

Alfred Angelo was wonderful, their seamstress (Rosa) performed miracles on my dress and they were very professional.  They were great to work with and I had no issue getting questions answered, they were not pushy when we were picking a bridesmaid dress or my gown.  I felt wonderful in my dress!

Flowers:  Sassafras

My flowers were absolutely gorgeous.  I went to them with a picture of what I had in mind and they blew all my expectations out of the water.  I had orange calla lilys with baby orange roses and hypernicum berries around it.  The boutineer was adorable on my fi and the bridesmaid bouquet was just a smaller version of mine.  They were great to work with!!

Photographer:  Kelli Marsh Photography

I haven't received any pictures yet, but she was also great to work with.  She has attention to details, wanted to make sure she captured everything I wanted.   We had a lot of fun getting our pictures done - I can't wait to see them but I know they will be amazing!

Hair and Makeup:  Bridal Hair NY -on-location

I worked with Lindsey from Bridal Hair NY, she was great!!!  My hair and makeup were beautiful and she did a wonderful job on my step-daughter's light makeup and waterfall braid.   She was able to combine two styles I found on pinterest and make it perfect on me. She is so sweet and professional, I highly recommend them!!

Other: Brow Diva and Golden Tans

I went to Brow Diva two days before the wedding and had my eyebrows sculpted.  It was a great experience and I never knew my eye brows could look so good.

Golden Tans - I got an airbrush tan and it was pretty good! I had a good color for the wedding and it looked very natural - gave me a light "glow".  I recommend the Irdonequoit location, I had to go to Webster because my airbrush person had an emergency - Webster was not nearly as nice.  

Cake: Savoia Pastry

Our cake was a simple vanilla with raspberry filling.  It was divine!

Re: Vendor Reviews - Rochester, NY

• Did Alfred Angelo have a good selection of their gowns in plus size samples? I love their gowns but am afraid I won't even be able to try them on. 
  • Alfred Angelo had an awesome selection.  I had picked out about 12 dresses online and they had all but one of them in a size I could try on.  Most dresses they had a small like 2-4 - then a 14-16 and then a 20 or 22.   It was wonderful :)  

• I happened to get an Alfred Angelo dress but not through the Rochester store.  Do you know the contact information for Rosa, their seamstress?  I would love to have someone who is familiar with the Alfred Angelo line to alter my dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards