Outdoor Weddings
Options

Please Help! Aisle that isn't straight...

I am in need of help.  My fiancé and I have recently booked with one of the only places in our area that could cater to what we wanted-- an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception hall, both able to seat at least 200 people.  It is elegant and beautiful... Only problem is, the "aisle" would not be straight.  We have already booked, but I need some tips on how to make it down!  The basic layout is rectangular, and the wide side overlooks a golf course and some beautiful mountains (perfect backdrop), however, the door I would be coming out of would probably have to be on the right if we did it this way (in the middle of the guests).  I would probably have to walk around back and then down the "straight" aisle.  If we set it up as straight down, the backdrop would be the walls of a concrete building, which I would rather not do.  I want nothing more to see my fiancé's reaction as I walk down the aisle.  I am afraid that with the turns and with the people, I wouldn't be able to see that.  I suggested to my fiancé that he remains turned around until I get to the straight part, and then someone could cue him to turn around and see me.  He said though that he wants to be the first person to see me, which is so sweet... I just don't know if there is a way for us to both get our dream experience.  Any suggestions??? Please help!!!

Re: Please Help! Aisle that isn't straight...

• Options
    Are you set on coming out of a building?

It would probably be easier for both of you to get what you want if you are hidden at the start of the aisle somehow. I've seen some cute pictures on pinterest of having old door opened as the bride walks down, but I'm not sure how practical that would be for you.

There wasn't anywhere for me to come out of, so we put up a tent for me to hide in. It was just a blue tailgating tent, and we hung curtains and sheets in our wedding colors to make sides. It made for some cute silly pictures too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ZeroOrchestraZeroOrchestra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013

We were married on the front porch of a house. I had to come out the back, walk around the side and stand behind some trees on the side of the house during the processional, then walk along the front and then through the front gate and down the aisle. They had H not look until I reached the front gate. With everyone standing up during the entrance, it's likely he won't be the very first to see you anyhow, so tell him not to worry about that. Anyone seated in the last row is likely to get the first real good look.

• Options

I wouldn't worry about it at all.  Both of the posters before gave some good ideas, but I have been to plenty of weddings where the bride entered from one side of the venue and then walked across the back of the guests before going down the aisle. 

You could also try entering from the opposite side as everyone else, they wouldn't expect it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards