Catholic Weddings
Options

In praise of Theology of the Body/Christopher West

FI and I are doing marriage prep with a couple in the church where we're getting married (the church I grew up in) and part of the program is using the videos by Christopher West and his class on Theology of the Body for marriage preparation. We're also reading The Good News About Sex and Marriage.  The first couple of classes were a little lecture-y and a teensy bit boring (mostly because I was already familiar with some of JPII's Theology of the Body), but last week's class was really great.  I love how West teaches about love and the sacrament of marriage and the place of sex in the sacrament.  It's prompted some fantastic disucssions between FI and me.  I also feel very validated in how we've conducted our relationship so far and the choice I made for a future spouse.  I know some of you have talked about West and his book before, and I wanted to add my endorsement.  I'm also grateful that my church includes this in their marriage prep program!

Re: In praise of Theology of the Body/Christopher West

• Options
    Yay!  Glad they're using that in your marriage prep!

I really enjoyed The Good News.  I love the formatting, and it just makes so much SENSE.  I love how it ties all church teaching together, including sexual teaching and non-sexual teaching!

H really enjoyed it too.  He already knew church teaching before, but reading it really changed his heart to want to commit to the FULLEST sense of chastity and loving another person.

SaveSave
  • Options
    monkeysip said:
    Yay!  Glad they're using that in your marriage prep!

I really enjoyed The Good News.  I love the formatting, and it just makes so much SENSE.  I love how it ties all church teaching together, including sexual teaching and non-sexual teaching!

H really enjoyed it too.  He already knew church teaching before, but reading it really changed his heart to want to commit to the FULLEST sense of chastity and loving another person.

That's how I feel, too.  And I wish my siblings who are married aready had been exposed to it, because it's a lot to think about. 

I'm so grateful to have a partner, like you do, who wants to do it the right way, in the eyes of Church. 

• Options
    I'm curious which program you are using? Is it "God's plan for a joy filled marriage" or "Intro to theology of the body"... or something else?
  • Options
    I'm curious which program you are using? Is it "God's plan for a joy filled marriage" or "Intro to theology of the body"... or something else?
    God' Plan for a Joy Filled Marriage, I believe.  It's a series of six videos. We have our 5th class tomorrow night, so I'll double check. 
  • Options
    TXKristan said:
    If you're a Christopher West fan, also check out his talks "Naked without shame" - SO good!!!   http://www.giftfoundation.org/products_naked.cfm
    I will, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards