October 2014 Weddings

Pros and Cons of a wedding planner?

Hey ladies! 

I've recently been thinking about hiring a wedding planner for my wedding, but I'm not so sure.  I LOVE wedding planning, and my bridesmaids and MOB love the planning to, so it's not that I lack the help.  I'm just wondering if a professional might know people in the area for vendors etc. and might have some interesting ideas that we haven't thought of, or a unique perspective.  My bridesmaids and MOB are all out of town (mostly around PA area) and I'm in Boston.  Have any of you guys hired a planner or considered it? What's your thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea? What do they offer (I know a lot of them offer different things, but is there a theme??) My venue comes with a wedding coordinator for the day of the wedding so I'm not too worried about the big day, but it's everything else that I'm thinking of.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pros and Cons of a wedding planner?

• I hired a Day of Ceremony planner, just to make sure that I have no worries on my actual wedding day.

It's real peace of mind knowing that someone you've hired will be making sure that everything is taken care of.

If you love details & planning, I'd say that you'd be just fine with only having a DoC.

Just my 2 cents.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hey Ashwise,
    My fiance and I thought about doing all the planning ourselves, and we have 4 bridesmaids/groomsmen willing to help us out. But it still was a bit overwhelming and stressful. I now have a wedding planner that I absolutely love! She is actually running a special right now to help pay for her booth in the September Bridal Extravaganza. I'll include her info below. Check out her website and see what you think. :)
    Like Tanya listed above, there is A LOT to do, especially on the eve of and day of the wedding. I had no idea until my wedding planner started showing me everything that needs to be done.

Her name is Rachel Stepanov. She is certified and has been a wedding planner for over 7 years. If you want to check it out, her website is http://www.thefairytaleefect.com/index.html and her email address is thefairytaleeffect@gmail.com.

Hope this helps and congratulations!

Eisha

• Oh, the special she is running is for $400. You just have to mention "$400 Day of Special." :)
  • @KnotPorscha we have vendors on this page. 
    Anniversary
  • I can not recommend using a wedding planner enough! There are so many little things that you don't even think of that the wedding planner will. Even with the help of a professional, you can still make all the decisions on vendors and everything you want! Also, the planner can pretty much cover their own cost just through the use of their contacts (because they use them so often!).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards