Wedding Etiquette Forum

NER: Wedding Band

I know this isn't the right board, but I know I will get the most responses here and I need to make a decision soon.  My engagement ring is rose gold which I love, but I don't think I want to pay to get a band custom set in rose gold, and I've had a really hard time finding a ready to buy rose gold band that I like.  Do you think white gold looks okay against it?  Also, what do you think of these 2 rings together?  I really like the band, the curve seems to sit well with the E ring, and it is in our price range?  Honest opinions welcome! Sorry about the pictures, I can never seem to get a true ring picture with my phone.  imageimage

Re: NER: Wedding Band

• edited July 2013
    I think it's very pretty. I'd like it better if it matched, but if you like it, then go for it! I think your ering is stunning and could definitely stand alone and you could wear a band on your right hand? That's what I'm doing. 
  • I think the rose and white golds look very interesting and neat together. What do YOU prefer?
  • I think it's a preference thing. I would personally like mine to match. But if you are happy with it, that is totally fine. I love your E ring though.
  • It is completely your preference, but if you feel you would be settling just to have a band, have you considered not adding a band to your beautiful engagement ring? You could also wait until finances allow you to buy the dream band you want with your ring!

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    Your ering is a work of art! I would get a plain, slim rose gold band with a slight curve. The band in your pic detracts from your beautiful ering.
  • I think it looks lovely and, honestly, no one would really notice but you. Do YOU like it? Would you be happy wearing it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BMoreBride6BMoreBride6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @glassbutton, do you mean size or stone?

@nycmercedes, I thought of that too but I can't seem to be a plain rose band with a curve, I will look into that!

The designer makes a making band (it would be the same at the band on the e-rin), but honestly it would be a little more than double what similar items would be not by the designer...*sigh*

Thank you ladies!  I appreciate it!  The center stone was my grandmother's that we had reset so it means a lot to me

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    If you can't find a rose gold band, then I think a yellow gold and would support your ering better than white gold.
  • @glassbutton, I don't mind sharing that it is just over a carat pear shaped diamond, only because it was passed down to us from my grandmother (originally bought back in the 60's), so the stone was actually not purchased by us (otherwise I'd feel a bit uneasy) 
  • thank you!  I love it as well but more than anything it means a great deal to wear something both my grandmother and mother wore
  • BMoreBride6BMoreBride6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @stage, I see what you mean.  I have found bands that are very similar, the issue seems to be that none of them sit as "high" as the band of the E Ring and get lost...yet again, *sigh*

Btw, I'm not complaining.  I feel very blessed to even be looking at options 
  • I think that they look great together. My ering doesn't match my band either and I wouldn't have it any other way (not married yet but I have bought my wedding band).  And to the people who have said that it might be too much going happening on one finger, once Im married I will wear 3 bands.  Me and FI have been together since high school when he gave me a promise ring and I still wear it even with my ering. I think it is a choice only you and FI can make together and maybe you will change your mind once you wear it for a few months.  Good luck! Whatever you decide that ering is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.
  • Another pear-shaped bride! Not too many of us out there! Gorgeous!

Have you considered the lookof a simple, straight rose gold band? I got a straight band that slides under the setting but lines right up with it. I have to admit the different colors wouldn't be my choice, but if you love it that's what matters.
  • Yes this is true, I asked for honest opinions, and I feel I have gotten nothing but respectful, honest opinions.  Thank you all! 
  • Have you looked for a rose gold band on Etsy? Some sellers on there are reputable shops or independent jewelry makers that have Etsy shops in addition to their brick and mortal stores.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm actually ok with the mismatch--the band is so sparkly, I feel like the white gold doesn't matter. The sparkle of the band matches the sparkle of the e-ring.
  • I actually like the mismatched metals (mine is white gold e-ring, rose gold band) but I agree that it would look better if the stones matched since the metal doesn't. We ordered the band that went with my ering, and it didn't cost any extra to get it in rose gold. So if you find anything you love in white gold, I would at least ask if you can get it in rose gold (assuming  that's what you would prefer, it just seemed like you would from your post).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks for the input guys!  I went back tonight with FI to get his opinion and he actually picked out one that I hadn't thought to try before.  We put them together and I ended up really liking it!  The jeweler also pointed out that this one is not curved so would nicely worn alone for times I don't want to wear the larger diamond E Ring (I run and Crossfit a lot, so there are times that I want something more understated, if anything).  Here is the other one...what do you think?

Stock Photo (these always look cheesy to me, but shows the details a bit better) 
    IRL with E Ring

• This is beautiful!!
  • scribe95 said:
    Both rings are stunning, especially your engagement ring. I just have to be honest. I think the engagement ring is so fancy that another diamond studded band is overkill. I would go plain.
    I tried a few plain bands and they just looked out of place.  The easiest option is just to order the matching band from the designer, but it kills me to spend almost double for the designer's band than I'd pay for a similar diamond weight/gold : /
  • The last one is gorgeous! Absolutely stunning together.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
  • I was searching on overstock.com and I found this band that you may want to look at.  The shape is very similar to your ring and it comes in rose gold as an option.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Thank you @AprilH81 !!! I went to another store today and they are getting some quotes for 2 rings I liked (to get set in Rose), pending what they say, I will definitely look into this one
  • Thank you @AprilH81 !!! I went to another store today and they are getting some quotes for 2 rings I liked (to get set in Rose), pending what they say, I will definitely look into this one
    You're welcome!  When I saw it I immediately thought of your ring...  Then I did a frantic search on TK because I couldn't remember your username or what board this thread was on.  

As much as I love my ring I admit to having a little ring envy...  Yours is just amazing!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards