Texas-Austin
Options

Downtown Austin Reception?

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have experience with going to or planning a reception in downtown Austin? Perhaps at a restaurant or something like that? It's an idea I really like but I'm a little worried about it being too much of a party scene for older relatives. Just curious if anyone has done this! If you have I would love suggestions of locations!

Thanks!

Re: Downtown Austin Reception?

• Options
    Have you tried the Caswell House?  We had our wedding and reception there.  It's at 15th and West Avenue (1 block east of N. Lamar.)  From their balcony, you have a view of the state capitol.

It's calm enough for your older relatives -- it's an Austin historic home, yet it's located 9 blocks from 6th Street where your younger guests can still party if they want to, after your reception.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, but we want somewhere we can fit at least 150 inside because it will probably be hot in June! We also weren't a huge fan of their decor, we're looking for something where we can do a mix of modern and vintage decor and there's seems a little more on the Victorian side. Thanks for the suggestion though!
  • Options
    Have you looked at Mansion at Judges Hill?  I believe it can fit that many.  On MLK between UT & Lamar.  
  • Options
    AT&T Center fits much more than that. I had my ceremony and reception there with more than 200 guests. Will write a full vendor review soon, but I loved the space. It's slightly rustic but very open and you can do as much or as little as you'd like with it.
  • Options
    I'm so jealous you had your wedding at AT&T. We loved that space! Unfortunately they are booked for all Saturdays in June already. 90% of our guests will be from out of town so we are trying to do a Saturday to be more convenient. As for Mansion on Judges Hill, it's really pretty but a little to formal for us. Plus there Saturday evening minimums but it over our budget. Thanks for all the ideas!!
  • Options
    Brazos Hall! It's new, industrial, and has a great rooftop patio as well... 
  • Options
    Sheraton, Driskill, Metropolitan Club
  • Options
    What about Green Pastures?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards