Favors

Whats the avg amount of favors to give guest

I've found a lot of cute DIY favors online.... so far I've seen 6 that I'd really love to do... but I'm thinking 6 favors per guest is a little too much... what are the avg number of favors you feel is enough to give your guest?

Re: Whats the avg amount of favors to give guest

• 1. 6 is going overboard especially since favors are not required.

• yeah thats what I said... thats why I was asking what ppl thought was a good number
  • I've never seen more than 1 favor given out.  
  • One.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Can you list the 6 you're considering?

We can help you narrow it down to 1, or maybe 2 if they go together.
  • 1. candy bar
    2. photo booth
    3. DIY candle holders with our int. on them
    4.bubbles (we were buying bubbles to give to our guest to blow as the introduced us of coarse we dont want all of them back lol so I thought it would be something they could take with them dont know if its considered a favor though)
    5. wedding shaped cookies

I guess its only 5 the other thing I was thinking about were flip flops but that was more for the wedding party to wear during the reception instead of wearing their heels

• Don't do the candle holders with your initials. No one (except maybe your parents) will want anything with your initials on it. Not a fan of the bubbles.

I would stick with the candy bar, photo booth, or cookies. If you have the budget, I see no reason why you can't do both a candy bar and photo booth. Both are fun and one is yummy!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_whats-the-avg-amount-of-favors-to-give-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:0cfc4f82-0c42-42d8-8f45-4eade96b4e4dPost:bcfef25f-e024-4f76-baa4-f6929a215fef">Re: Whats the avg amount of favors to give guest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't do the candle holders with your initials. No one (except maybe your parents) will want anything with your initials on it. Not a fan of the bubbles. I would stick with the candy bar, photo booth, or cookies. If you have the budget, I see no reason why you can't do both a candy bar and photo booth. Both are fun and one is yummy!
    Posted by staar987[/QUOTE]
    YEAH SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME NOT TO DO THE CANDLES AS WELL FOR THE SAME REASON THE PHOTO BOOTH AND CANDY BAR ARE MY TOP FAVS SO MORE THEN LIKELY THOSE WILL BE THE 2 I DO.... THANX
  • Photos are my favorite !
    bubbles are not really a favor if you are looking to cut costs i'd skip it.
    I would do candy bar over wedding cookies - that way guests have a choice plus you can go a little cheaper ths route. And I would do this if you want a cheaper alternative to the photobooth which can be pricey to rent....
  • I know that the photobooth trend has really taken off! If you have it in your budget to do more than one, I would go with the photobooth and the candy.  If you can only swing one, I would do the candy...... My opinion but I like all of the ideas!! :)
  • Photo booth over the candy but candy AND photo booth if you can.  I know you're in South Florida and I'm in Columbus, but there are groupons up here for photo booths--something you could check into!
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • Only one.  I agree candy bar and/or photo booth. if you budge allows both, do them both!  We are doing a photo booth and there's a company here that makes custom ice cream sandwiches so we will have that, our guest will get to pick their own cookies and ice cream flavors. :)
  • One favor is adequate, unless you have an unlimited budget. I like the photo booth best, it'll be the most memorable. 
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last wedding I went to didnt even have favors unless you count the mason jar my drink was served in. I don't even think people noticed

• I think either the candy bar or the photo booth would be a winner :)
  • aphrodite0869aphrodite0869 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013
    I think the photo booth would be fun. You can buy all kinds of props for people to wear during silly pictures such as a mustache and make it lots of fun for your guests! If you want more try ebay.  I have found so many nice things for a lot cheaper on ebay.  I think we are going to have some double heart key chains.  Found 100 for less that $20.  There are all kinds of things on ebay for pretty cheap and you might like some of those if you feel a photo booth is not enough. 
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    One favor per person...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards