Wedding Invitations & Paper

If you are paying for the wedding do you still put your parents as the host on the invitations?

If you are paying for the wedding do you still put your parents as the host on the invitations? 26 votes

Yes
3% 1 vote
No
61% 16 votes
Put "Together with the parents" but not their names
34% 9 votes

Re: If you are paying for the wedding do you still put your parents as the host on the invitations?

• As for who you put as hosts of the wedding is really up to you.  If you and your FI are paying for the event then there is no reason to put either of your parents names on the invite.  But if you would like to include your parents then you most certainly can no matter who is and is not contributing.

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    Since paying =/= hosting, I'd put whoever the hosts are on the invitation.  If that's you and your FI but not your parents, you could use "The presence of your company/is requested at the marriage of/Bride/and/Groom/etc."

But if you want to include your parents anyway, you can use "together with their parents."

I do think it's better to not use your invitation to map out your family tree and include a long list of people who aren't really hosts.  The people honored by an invitation are the guests, not anyone else listed on the invitation.
  • Thanks. I feel the exact way. However, my mother seems to think that regardless if she is paying or not she should be put as the host. I just don't think it's fair for me to put in all the work and money and she be recognized for it all.
  • We did because it would cause too many issues if we didn't. It's not a hill to die on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We are putting "together with their parents" even though we are paying.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards