Nevada-Las Vegas

Tuxedo Advice

I am curious for advice on what you other ladies are doing for your tuxedo rentals.  I figured that it would be easiest to rent tuxedos down in Vegas.  My fiance is hesitant to pick a style without trying it on first.  We live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and so far I have not been able to find a company that we have here that is also down in Vegas.  Is anybody else familiar with one?  Are your gentleman just picking a style off of the internet, trying them on at home a head of time, or just taking care of it when you arrive in Vegas?  Open to suggestions and good tuxedo rental companies!  Thanks!

Re: Tuxedo Advice

• edited July 2013
    Only really widespread chain I've heard of is Mens Wearhouse.  If your FI is concerned about how it will look, which is a good thing, I'd rent one local that he likes and just have it pressed in Vegas when you arrive.  Any hotel will do it, or if you're also having your dress steamed, there's wedding-centric places like Fit For a Bride whom we used.

Of course buying one is an option too; it doesn't take many rentals to equal the cost of a reasonable tux and you might find he wants to wear it more than expected once he has it.  I bought one mostly because I wanted a specific tux from a specific designer, never thought I'd wear it again, but have worn it to two weddings and one event since ours.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We live in Vancouver, BC and I contacted Men's Wearhouse via email to answer some questions. They gave me two options, go to the nearest Men's Wearhouse and get fitted and then pick up the tuxes in Vegas or you can go to a Moore's Clothing for Men store in Canada, which is apparently a sister store to Men's Wearhouse and they can fit you there and send the measurements to the Vegas location. That might be an option for you as I don't think you are as close to the border as I am.

Go onto the Men's Wearhouse website and they have a great build-a-tux tool where you can put together multiple styles that go with your vision. Then you can pop into a Moore's location and they may have the styles in store, or at the least be able to measure the guys for free and then send your choices/measurements to the store of your choice. They are really helpful though if you contact them, they also sent me a measurement card to bring into the store to make it go as seamless as possible.

Hope this helps!

Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013
  • Thanks for the great advice, it's always appreciated!  I will look into both suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards