October 2013 Weddings

First dress fitting tomorrow

So I have my first dress firing tomorrow and I know I have to bring my shoes and bra with me but should I bring my jewelry and veil too? I was told to bring everything with me that I will be wearing that day but I'm not sure what that includes. I know some of you have already had their fittings done and I wanted to see what everyone else brought with them.
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: First dress fitting tomorrow

• FLDiverFLDiver member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013

I just had my first fitting on Saturday, and definitely the shoes helped with hemming. 

If you have any particular undergarments in mind, it would probably be helpful.....I found that the store's long-line bra just will not work with my dress (simple, minimal layered chiffon dress), and that the additional slip I purchased showed MORE than wanted, rather than my intended extra coverage intent.  So, I came out of it with a plan for very different undergarments that I went in to it with.   I just bought two possible new long line/push up bras from HerRoom.com (I'm plus sized) to bring with me on the next fitting. 

As for jewelry, once some adjusments were made (I did have a bit more changed than may be average, as I have an odd body type), I was glad I tried them all on so I was comfortable with where the necklace, in particular, would fall at the neckline. 

All that said, I'm pretty glad I erred on starting fitting sessions early in the process, and that I brought undergarments, possible jewelry and shoes.  I feel that my next fitting will be much quicker and simpler because of that first session. 

[Also: I'm not wearing a veil, so I did not address that part of your question.]

• @FLDiver - thank you for your advice, it was extremely helpful. I definitely agree about the necklace and wanting to see where it falls. I am not wearing a necklace only because my dress has a very detailed strap on one side and I didn't want a necklace to take away from it. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind after tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards