Nevada-Las Vegas

Brinde on main dinning room ... is that awkaward?

I guess as my big day approaches questions start popping up ... today's issue:
After the ceremony we are having a dinner at Maggiano's with our 12 guests but we booked a table on the main dinning room.... now the question is: is it awkward the fact that it is a wedding dinner and I will be on my wedding gown (which is a Taffeta A line gown) having a in the middle of the main dinning room? or it would be better if we book the smallest private room they have available? The reason why we decided to stay in the main dinning room it is because we want to keep it simple and Maggiano's charge a minimum amount for food and beverage and they also have an additional 20% event fee which we think will increase the costs ... are we being too cheap? It is always good to remember that our guests is our cousins, aunts and close friends.... If you can give me some feed back I would appreciate. Maggiano's still have available their Barolo room for the date and time I need ... 

Thanks

Re: Brinde on main dinning room ... is that awkaward?

• I would go ahead and show off your dress in the main room! You only get to wear this dress for 1 day! Enjoy the attention :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Valeriecruz82 that's what I first thought .... I thought that it wouldn't be a problem .... some people told me that it's Vegas and it's normal people do it .... but it is always good to hear other brides and people who already attended weddings there to make sure it is not awkward ... :)
  • I would definitely wear it out I'm sure people will be congratulating you and saying how beautiful you look :)
  • You'll see people in wedding gowns on the sidewalks, gambling, bars and clubs, pretty much anywhere lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I think its perfectly ok to wear your dress in the main dining room.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• When my brother got married at TI he and his new wife had dinner at their steakhouse in the main area, no on really even noticed. We had drinks at the tequilla bar out in the open and the only thing that happened was people at the bar bought them drinks. Show it off girl!
  • We had drinks at the tequilla bar out in the open and the only thing that happened was people at the bar bought them drinks. Show it off girl!
    Bonus!

Some guy at the craps table bet $50 for my wife on wedding night; we were all still in our wedding attire.  It won too, so he effectively gave her $100 lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• It's not awkward at all! As long as you're comftorable (and it seems like you are), it's completely normal in Vegas to see brides out and about celebrating. Like others have said, worst case you have strangers congratulating you :)
  • Sweet!! Nice gift! 

The drinks the guy bought my brother were some kind of REALLY expensive champagne tequila. 
  • I don't think it's strange at all.  I always enjoy seeing bridal parties when I am in Vegas and make a point of congratulating the new couple.  Enjoy the special attention!
  • Thank you for all messages!! It really made me feel better about my dinner and wedding gown!! We still have 30 days to go ....... 
  • I think you will be the star of the room!! If you want something more private then get the room because it wont be private in the main dinning room.
  • I am not worried about my privacy .. it is my wedding and I want to celebrate.. Imagine, it is going to be a small party .. 12 people between close family members and very close friends. I was just a little concerned about it being inappropriate .. I don't know ... It was an issue that passed by and I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. Some people here in New York told me that it could be awkward if I do it in New York City ... lol  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards