May 2014 Weddings
Options

I just want to talk WEDDINGS!! :

As of now we are looking at may 10th! I am so exited all I do is think wedding and my friends are not quite interested yet haha anyone thought about themes, colors, etc! I'd love to hear!!

I'm hoping for vintage style, formal, chic day. I'm having a hard time coming up with colors I match... So that is undecided! Im thinking a champagne color and keep everything monotone with big bright fresh flowers every where from the local farmers market :

Re: I just want to talk WEDDINGS!! :

• Options
    that sounds nice :)

my fiance and i are planning may 24th - im going to be booking the church and reception hall in june and im really excited to get some things booked :D

i have a fairytale theme ... sort of haha but my colors are soft pink, white and/or maybe grey im not sure haha the grey just popped up as an idea
  • Options
     I know what you mean, i feel like its too early to talk to people haha! You are a date twin! May 10th 2014 is our date as well! :) We are having a vintage wedding, the colors are Yellow and Grey :) We kinda themed it as ' lace and lemonaid '
    ** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **
  • Options
    Hi! Our date is May 4th, it will be our 6th year together on that date, plus the hidden Star Wars theme gets FH more into wedding planning! Our colors are sky blue, navy and white.  I know what you mean about friends not being interested, anyone I try to talk to about just looks at me like I'm crazy when I say two years away, but hoping to do a ton of DIY, plus working on a tiny budget so we need the time!
    Buying A Home Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Its never too early to start the ball rolling! We started planning a couple months ago and things we were looking into were already booked for our date! We couldnt believe how many other people were also planning 2 years in advance. But we now have the church, reception venue, and photographer booked and signed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This makes me feel less nuts! We're getting married on May 24th, 2014 and people are always so suprised when I tell them I'm planning already. But like a PP, we have a tiny budget, so I want to know how much I need to save before it gets down to the wire.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are looking to be married May 18th :) We started looking at venues. We are going for rustic elegance but are encountering problems with our "idea". Our budget is limited thats why we are putting it off for so long. Site rental fees are insane!!!! 10k just to rent a barn. I guess living in NYC is the worst place to get married lol anyone else from NY?? We did however find a wonderful place in the Catskills that we are loving!!!
  • Options
    We booked at the end of April for May 17, 2014.  http://www.thetides.com/  is our venue.  I also found my dress.  Going back one more time to try it on with my mom, FMIL, and FSIL.  As far as colors go, i know i want pink but I can't seem to decide on what shade.  I might just use a few different ones.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Just some food for thought because i really really wanted my date to be May 10,2014, Mothers Day is May 11,2014 and I found it very hard when talking to venues espically florist. Also I found that two college graduations in Texas will be happening on the 10th. So my date has been moved to May 3, 2014. Def look into local college graduations around your area, it will make your life easier knowing now what you could be getting into.

• Options
    II too, am getting married on May 18, 2014.  We have decided to do a destination wedding in NY.  There is a beautiful place in Long Island, Fox Hollow.  The caterig hall is attached to a hotel.  Getting married on Sunday, will help keep the costs down  I have been quoted an excellent price per person.  I wish you luck in your planning. 
  • Options
    My date is May 17, 2014...my fiance & I are trying to decide if we want a outdoor wedding & then an inside reception or the ceremony in 1 room then the reception in another so right now we are looking for venues
  • Options
    Anyone elses family think they're crazy for starting to plan "so early"?! I think it's AWESOME to have so much time and to beat a lot of other brides to the great venues :)
  • Options
    May 24th, 2014 is the date of our wedding. :) I am excited and blessed, but I hope that everyone's planning is going well so far! It's never too early to plan one of the most important days of your life. 
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I know what you mean about your high enthusiasm and every body else not so much. Ours will be May 23rd! I'm highly excited, I've picked my dress and I've visited several venues. I say the earlier you get motivated and start planning the more spectacular your wedding day will be.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    my wedding date is may 24 2014 it does seem early but think of it this way ladies less stress when the big day comes <3Team '14 Brides theres a page on facebook specifically for 2014 brides its great
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    our date is 5/31/14 and we've already got the venue (for both ceremony and reception at one place) booked, the photographer will be booked by the end of the week, our colors are sunset in may (pinks/oranges/yellows), we already know what flowers we will have in the boquet, centerpeices, and boutenier (sp?), and we know what favors we will have...

we've known each other for over 20 yrs and were HS sweethearts, we have been together on and off for the last 15 yrs and are finally making things official...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I am excited there are so many brides already planning!  We've booked our Venue for May 02, 2014.  I bought my wedding dress already...although I had planned to wait for that. But couldn't pass up the perfect dress! colors hot pink and black. I am totally obessed with pink, so most of it will be pink.   I have pretty much everything planned out, just a matter of saving the money and putting it all together. Some of my family is all for planning early like my mom, but the rest of them think its a bit early.  Oh well I agree the earlier we get things figured out, the less stress we will have!
  • Options
    cindi- you are getting married on my bday lol   we changed our wedding day to the 27th
  • Options
    we are getting married may 24th 2014!
    was in oct 2013 pushed it back are colors are yellow,grey,turquoise
  • Options
    We've been engaged for a little over two years now and we're getting married May 17, 2014. I'm ridiculously excited :)
    Anniversary
  • Options

Our date is May 24. Its all I want to do to. We are saving up for our venues and I just want to book them and start planning already. I am getting ansy. We are having a rustic / vintage / elegance theme. Our colors are going to be different shades of pink.

• Options
    Hey I'm planning may 17 2014!! I can't believe there are so many other brides thinking may '14 too!! Wow!! My colors are black white and pink! : we have our venue booked already thankfully
  • Options
    Im getting married May 17th, 2014! All I have done is booked my location and picked out my wedding party!

Thank you for making me realize that I dont need to wait any longer... I am going to start my planning back up! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Getting married on May 24th so far have booked the venue, and decided on one of the colours blue. I've been looking at dresses online a lot though!
  • Options
    I'm getting married on May 17th as well! On Long Island in NY. Very excited!! We already booked the venue, found the dress, bridesmaids dresses, flowers and photographer! Are you in NY?
  • Options
    JaunajJaunaj member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    This is the same place where I wanted to get married, but they told me I needed a minimum of 150 people and I definitely want to keep in under 100 people.  I was just hoping for something more intimate, but I haven't booked my venue yet so you never know. :-)
  • Options
    LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Wow..lots of date twins! I too am getting married May 24th. I love that its Memorial Day weekend...lots of OTT's coming and they have that extra holiday day off! We got enaged Dec. 15th 2012. We booked our venue in Feb. & secured a DJ & photographer. Just got our STD's and will send them out 1st week of August. Made our wedding website page, blocked rooms in 2 hotels, contracted for hair & makeup for myself & bridesmaids. I am doing the centerpieces myself & have begun those.

The only thing I havent done, (that I can think of right now) big thing, is purchased/shopped for gown. Waiting til October so I can lose more weight! I found the bridesmaids gowns that I like and we will be going on the 3rd to try them on. :) Oh we also havent asked an officiant yet. There are 3 to choose from so its a bit complicated. We also picked out his band and designed my band with plans to purchase them in January.

So as you can see, Im a firm believer in "its never too early" to start planning! We then get our pick of the litter! :)

Congrats to all! Its so exciting! May really cant come fast enough!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Options
    I've been planning since April! Our date is may 3, 2014 :) I've pretty much booked everything just trying to pay off the wedding
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards