Snarky Brides

Rudeness

Let's let off some steam.  GIFs encouraged.

One of the staff members in my office always says hello to everyone as he walks by.  Today, he said hello and then stopped. But he doesn't actually have anything to say.

I was working, but I asked him how he was.  Good.  But then he wouldn't leave.  He takes a long pause and then comes out with this gem: "Have you ever seen the way you walk?"  Nope, can't usually see myself.  He then proceeds to set all his stuff on my desk, and impersonate the way I walk to make fun of me. And then just stood there. It was the most awkward 30 seconds (today) (so far).

Who has been rude to you today, snark friends?

Re: Rudeness

• LMc0322 said:

Let's let off some steam.  GIFs encouraged.

One of the staff members in my office always says hello to everyone as he walks by.  Today, he said hello and then stopped. But he doesn't actually have anything to say.

I was working, but I asked him how he was.  Good.  But then he wouldn't leave.  He takes a long pause and then comes out with this gem: "Have you ever seen the way you walk?"  Nope, can't usually see myself.  He then proceeds to set all his stuff on my desk, and impersonate the way I walk to make fun of me. And then just stood there. It was the most awkward 30 seconds (today) (so far).

Who has been rude to you today, snark friends?

That's extra rude. I wouldn't be above throwing paper clips at his head as he walked away. It is 7:27am so no rudeness for me yet. So I'll have to update.
  • Yes, it really threw me off.  I essentially just sat here and stared at him until he left.

I just want to post a lot of GIFs today. I have one I"m really excited about but I have to save it for the right time.image

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
  • edited July 2013

Eww boogers.

Also the microwave at work is super rude.  Half of my lunch is way too hot to eat.  The other half is freezing cold.  DAMN YOU.

• Nobody has officially been rude, but I did wait 15 minutes on hold for someone today and when I finally got through, he couldn't hear me and hung up. Not his fault, but still. I then had to wait on hold another 20 minutes when I called back. Then after telling my problem to 3 different people, I was finally directed to the right person, whom I emailed almost 3 weeks ago about this problem, and was told, "Oh, yeah, it looks like we got your email but didn't do anything about it." Asshats. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    jss0302 said:
    A coworker came into my office, looked at me, and matter of factly said, "You don't feel well today." I feel fine. Thanks for basically telling me I look like shit, jackhole.

Ughhh...this happened to me yesterday. Coworker: "Wow, itzms, you look REALLY tired. Is there anything I can do for you?"

Thankfully, today is going swimmingly.

• I was able to talk my bosses into letting me take off work tomorrow so I could go the sentencing of the person who shot and killed two of my cousins. Everyone in the office knows the story and knows why I will be out. At least half my office has had some assy comment about how I'm taking the day off because the weather will be nice and they hope I have a nice day at the pool. I'm sitting here like

HOLY SHIT! That can't be real. THIS CANNOT BE REAL LIFE.
  • I'm so fucking mad I can't even concentrate. Sure, it would be funny if I were going to a dentist appointment but really? How does anyone think this is okay?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Honestly, it's totally not me to want to complain to a boss, but I don't know that I'd be able to listen to that without telling my superior about it.
  • My husband was kind of rude to me last night.
    I was telling him that it's been almost 4 years since my favourite group released an album, and named the exact date their last album came out (because I remember a lot of dates). So he said something like "You know everyone thinks you're a freak for remembering that kind of stuff right"
    He says it was a joke

So I was like this
    At first I lol'd

Then gave him hell for hurting my feelings. It's all good now.
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Ugh I haaaate when you have to pretend something doesn't hurt your feelings because it was "meant to be funny."
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
  • After talking about how nice her vacation to North Dakota was, my mother mentioned all the buildings being put up.  I explained that I'd seen a show on NatGeo talking about how the oil boom was creating tons of jobs, and that they all paid like $20+ for people brave enough to move up there and take them.  I said it was a great opportunity for people who were like my 22 year old brothers age that couldn't find work in their home communities.  Just conversation, or so I thought.  

An hour and half later, my pyscho mom calls back, says hello in what can only be described as " the evil mom tone" and says the following " I was talking to an old friend who moved up there from (my hometown) in California. She says there are a lot of church people, crazy ones like you, who live up in North Dakota Oil land.  So you should move there. Take advantage of those opportunities, because you and your FI can't ever seem to make it here. So just move up there, deal with the weather, otherwise you will never succeed because church people, you know like you, won't. I'm not saying it to be mean, but its the only chance you may ever have to get ahead, and since your type of people are up there, it'd be perfect. You know, not trying to be mean but take the opportunity."

Anytime my mother says "I'm not trying to be mean" that's exactly what she is trying to do.  Now she apparently dislikes "me and my kind" so much that she wants me to move to the Bad Lands... I was dumbfounded.  I didn't really even know what to say except, thanks for sharing, but we won't be moving to North Dakota any time soon. 

And this is why after the wedding, she is going on the "do not call" list, so to speak... I don't even want to see her at Holidays at this point. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No one emailing/calling me back in response to my job applications. RUDE! Seriously, I'm a young professional who wants to make it rain with all the monies I make. Is that too much to ask?!

This isn't how I normally speak, I'm being funny... just in case anyone sees this and thinks I'm ridic and no wonder I can't get a job...
  • My husband was kind of rude to me last night.
    I was telling him that it's been almost 4 years since my favourite group released an album, and named the exact date their last album came out (because I remember a lot of dates). So he said something like "You know everyone thinks you're a freak for remembering that kind of stuff right"
    He says it was a joke

So I was like this
    At first I lol'd

Then gave him hell for hurting my feelings. It's all good now.
    What group?
    The Backstreet Boys
    My husband says the same thing about me because of the date thing.

And I knew you were talking about the Backstreet Boys too!

photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • AllieBear725AllieBear725 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    I was about 99% sure FI forgot my birthday today...... Until he posted "happy birthday" on FB. Gee thanks....

I'm also pretty pissed not a single person in my office has said a word to me. I went to lunch with one co-worker, she didn't mention a thing. 

ETA: Added a word. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SERIOUSLY THAT GUY JUST WALKED BY MY OFFICE AND DID THE 'IMPERSONATION WALK' AGAIN.  I looked up as he was walking, and then he stopped near the edge of my door.  I just looked back down at my work without acknowledging him as he stood there.  LEAVE ME ALONE.  I'm not one to pull rank, but I'm tempted.  You probably shouldn't make it a hobby of insulting the attorneys in the office.
  • I was about 99% sure FI forgot my birthday today...... Until he posted "happy birthday" on FB. Gee thanks....

I'm also pretty pissed not a single person in my office has said a word to me. I went to lunch with one co-worker, she didn't mention a thing. 

ETA: Added a word. 

These are for you, dear.imageimageimage

• Uh.. hope you like cats.
  • <3

I love cats :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lyndsay782lyndsay782 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    AllieBear725 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Mine is tomorrow... I know FI will remember, but I'm just hoping the meeting he has scheduled to go over stuff at church doesn't run too long...  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LMc0322 said:
    SERIOUSLY THAT GUY JUST WALKED BY MY OFFICE AND DID THE 'IMPERSONATION WALK' AGAIN.  I looked up as he was walking, and then he stopped near the edge of my door.  I just looked back down at my work without acknowledging him as he stood there.  LEAVE ME ALONE.  I'm not one to pull rank, but I'm tempted.  You probably shouldn't make it a hobby of insulting the attorneys in the office.

Do you think this could be some really dumb flirting technique?

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• kjlambkjlamb member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ugh-my father has been insane! Sticking his nose where it does not belong. My cousin (on dad's side) is having a baby shower. My mother and I are going-then he decides to throw a fit because his fiancee is going and my mother is going. this is apparently "interfering" with his life and he can have her in contempt of court for it. the cousin who is hosting the party has talked to my dad's fiancee and my mom and they are both fine with each other being there and promised not to cause drama. So why is he thowing a fit for a party that he will not even be attending?? How does it interfere with your life? my wedding may just be too much of an interference for his life...ughimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not work rudeness....just general rudeness...

Was waiting to turn in the parking lot at grocery (another car in front of me, lots of pedestrians). Lady drives up next to me, looks at me and says "are you turning or what?!" I responded yes, she shook her head and huffed.

I ended up getting a better spot, and she ended up being behind me at check out. She had to thank me for passing her a separation bar for between groceries. Karma's a bitch. :)
  • NerdyLucy said:
    LMc0322 said:
    SERIOUSLY THAT GUY JUST WALKED BY MY OFFICE AND DID THE 'IMPERSONATION WALK' AGAIN.  I looked up as he was walking, and then he stopped near the edge of my door.  I just looked back down at my work without acknowledging him as he stood there.  LEAVE ME ALONE.  I'm not one to pull rank, but I'm tempted.  You probably shouldn't make it a hobby of insulting the attorneys in the office.

Yes, I do. No wonder he's single. 
  • edited July 2013
    LMc0322 said:
    NerdyLucy said:
    LMc0322 said:

Yes, I do. No wonder he's single. 
      That was on an episode of Seinfeld the other night. Everyone at Elaine's work was making fun of the way Molly Shannon's character walked. She didn't move her arms when she walked and they were all imitating her.

Pretty damn hilarious. In your case? Not so much.

ETA:

Anniversary

• Apparently, when I walk, my arms sort of swing behind me and side to side instead of front to back next to me.  This is the end of the world and worth pointing out.  Twice.  
  • Also, it's not rudeness I suppose, but I am so tired of whiny babies who as people's opinion but only want the answer if it's 'YES THAT SOUNDS AWESOME, DO IT!!!!!'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards