Catholic Weddings
Options

Help

I'm trying to find some samples on wording for our invites. How did you word your invitations? My fiancé and I are hosting. Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help

• Options
    I used Emily Post's rules for invitation wording: http://www.emilypost.com/weddings/wedding-invitations-and-announcements/335-wording-formal-wedding-invitations

We hosted our wedding, but worded the invitation as though my parents were ("Mr. and Mrs. Professor invite you...")

Most of the time I see this:
    Together with their families
    You
    and
    FI
    invite you to their wedding
    etc. etc. etc
    Anniversary

• Options

Mr. and Mrs. John Smith

request the honour of your presence<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

at the marriage of their daughter

Mary Elizabeth

To

Mr. David Johnson

Saturday, the twentieth of October

two thousand thirteen

at ten o’clock in the morning

St. Anthony Church

Bristol,  Connecticut

• Options
    You should mention its a mass if it is.
  • Options

we did:

bride and groom request the honor of your presence at their marriage in the sacrament of holy matrimony and the celebration of the nuptial mass

date, time, place

• Options

we did:

bride and groom request the honor of your presence at their marriage in the sacrament of holy matrimony and the celebration of the nuptial mass

date, time, place

I actually came on here to ask the same question...

We want both sets of parents names on the invitation and we are also having a mass.

I saw this format on another site is this correct?

Mr. and Mrs. J. M.
    request the honour of your presence
    at the Nuptial Mass at which their daughter
    My First Name Middle Name
    and
    Grooms First Name Middle Name
    Son of Mr. and Mrs. E. N.

will be united
    in the sacrament of Holy Matrimony
    on Saturday, the seventeenth of May
    Two thousand fourteen
    at three o’clock in the afternoon
    St. Teresa of Avila
    Summit, New Jersey

Thanks for your help.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

futuremrs, that's slightly awkward (specifically the "at which") wording but technically correct.  you could modify my wording above to say:

brides parents request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter and groom, son of grooms parents in the sacrament of holy matrimony and the celebration of the nuptial mass.

while many today put the grooms' parents on the invite, its technically not proper.  the grooms parents names are typically placed on the wedding announcements but since most dont do announcements they are now putting them on the invites.

• Options
    @ future, we used that wording for our invitations "at the nuptial mass at which.....will be united in the sacrament of matrimony" and I thought it looked fine. I didn't want to use both "marriage" and "matrimony " because it seemed redundant.

SaveSave
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  This had been the hardest part of planning so far. (guess I should be thankful)

@calypso1977 I would rather not have future inlaws on the invite but I KNOW FMIL will have a fit and that's not a battle I'm willing to start at this point :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards