Pennsylvania
Options

Poconos Venue needed - BYOB, great views, accommodations

After two months of searching I am still trying to find my 200 person mountain venue for my fall (this fall, sigh) wedding.  Ideally we are looking for a place that we can do a wedding and reception outdoors with an indoor backup (or tent).  Mountain tops and lake views are huge pluses, as are places we can use outside caterers or bring our own alcohol.  I am planning the entire wedding from 2,000 miles away and am desperate for some advice.

Having a place where all our guests can stay together for the weekend is also very important to us.  PA is sort of the central location for everyone (except my fiance and I) so we're hoping we can find a place that's accessible by car and plane.  We originally tried homeaway.com and vrbo.com without much luck.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Re: Poconos Venue needed - BYOB, great views, accommodations

• Options
    LiLe422LiLe422 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Sorry I cannot help you too much with the venue because I researched the complete opposite all inclusive, indoor, considerably smaller guest list. However, I can definitely point you in the right direction for a weekend rental home. I clean them for a living so I have lots of connections in that area. How many are people are you trying to accommodate?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    200 and we're actually shooting for outdoors.
  • Options
    200 and we're actually shooting for outdoors.
  • Options
    Kirkridge retreat! Google them, they have amazing views and multiple sites to choose from, the one even has a man-made lake and fire pit right next to it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_poconos-venue-needed-byob-great-views-accommodations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:8e746db4-6b99-474f-9ebe-e1b446f86cd9Post:3361015f-8d05-459e-80fd-dcb038b971a3">Re: Poconos Venue needed - BYOB, great views, accommodations</a>:
    [QUOTE]200 and we're actually shooting for outdoors.
    Posted by sprintr321[/QUOTE]

Check out trout lake retreat in Stroudsburg.  I know they have on-site cabins but not sure if they can accommodate that many people.  Worth a shot.  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I plan on looking at Woodloch Springs and Mountain Springs sometime soon. Please post if you find a place that has BYOB!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards