Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP Help

What do you think of think of this RSVP.

These will be printed on blue textured paper.  I saw someone else ask to leave a note on the back of their RSVP and thought it was a cute idea.  If people did leave notes I would be able to keep them or scrapbook them. What do you think of this idea, if you got this would you think it's weird?

Also what do you think of the other wording and design? I open to ideas and suggestions.

Re: RSVP Help

• I'd lose the "don't waste paper" line.  It comes off as too preachy and condescending to the recipients.

Also, honestly, if people want to write you a note they will...or they'll email you or send it through social media.  I don't think you need to prompt them with the "feel free to leave us a note on the back" line.

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

You don't have a choice for meal options?

I don't get the "note" note.

If I live in the town your wedding is in...I'm not celebrating "from afar".

Simple Accepts and Regrets options will do just fine.

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I dont like the "note" part either. It would make me feel obligated to write something.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for your help ladies, is this better?
  • I disagree with everyone here. 

I never would have thought of leaving a note on a the back and if that's what you would like your guests to do, then I think you should indicate it. The way you have it now gives them the option of writing something or leaving it blank.

I do think the "don't waste paper" line is a little weird. I don't think it's preachy, but it just doesn't make sense.

I do like the "wouldn't miss it for the world" and "will have to celebrate from afar." It's different than the usual, and I think it adds some flavor.
  • I like your edited version of the RSVP, less is definitely more.  Some of my guests left me nice messages on their RSVP cards, and I didn't have to prompt them to do so.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I prefer the second one, but both were nice! The "wouldn't miss it for the world" is different and cute. I just sent mine out and I think I used "accepts with pleasure" and "declines with regret."

The "don't waste paper" line is confusing and doesn't really fit in with what you are trying to get them to do, aka, leaving a message.

And about leaving a message, I personally am not a fan of this because then I would feel obligated and get stressed about leaving a good enough message. I know my mother would feel the same. But, there are a lot of people out there who would dig it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards