Plus-Sized

Show us your plus size wedding gown!

Re: Show us your plus size wedding gown!

• Gorgeous dress!! Its the one I am dreaming of getting.
    You wouldnt by chance be interested in selling yours used would you?
  • DB Oleg Cassini one shoulder.  Bought it yesterday!
  • Here was my dress again.  I know a lot of people don't like the corset.  I just loved it.
  • Here is mine. Alfred Angelo and I purchased the belt on Etsy.
  • This was my dress (<---clicky). It is a Bonny. Found it on clearance. Fell in love with it. I was against having a train, but when I tried this dress on, I could not imagine not having a train.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I said yes to the dress!! I'm in love.  It's an Alfred Angelo dress A line- Empire waist lace dress style 801.  The dress in the picture was a tad small so it's pulling more across the middle then it normally would.  I'm also getting a corset back.  The belt in the middle was added on to give it some sparkle.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Here's my dress! Sorry my head is cut off....I was making a really stupid face. David's Bridal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is stunning! Who is the designer?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ha...I'm not sure? I just know it's a David's Bridal gown. Style #9YP3344.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I goy my dress at Alfred Angelo I love it so much!!!! I just bought it, so it isn't altered to me yet, but I am so excited to get it fitted and wear it on my wedding day! I"m going to have them add a horsehair trim at the bottom, so the tulle isn't as whispy as it is now and looks a bit more finished.

• Very pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you Shoebunnie!!! I am so in love with my dress!
  • @ silverglitter05, where did you get the dress/who makes it? It's absolutely gorgeous!
  • @isabica Thank you, I absolutely love it! It's WTOO-Jasmine, I got it at a boutique in Ohio. 
  • Thank you silverglitter05, I'm from Canada (Quebec), so I will try to see if I can find a similar style close to home!

• @isabica You could try the WTOO website and see if there are any retailers in your area. There was another dress by them that I tried on that was a close second. I guess I really like them.
  • shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2013
    The color is off in these pictures, but this is MY dress (at the seamstress prior to any alterations).

It's Alfred Angelo's 1516 from the Dream in Color collection; color is Viola (looks blue in these pictures, damnit).

Excuse the wrinkles please.  :)  They'll be steamed out once we're done with the bodice and hemming the gown too. 

I LOVE this dress.  :)

Also, my mom made the veil.  I'm going to bling it up a bit I think.  Hope it looks okay with the dress.  :)
  • Love seeing all of these!!

• DeeDee28x said:

I found my dress! Its a Maggie Sottero - Effie. I can't wait to wear her!

I want this dress! It is stunning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love it!!! Stunning.
  • ashwise said:
    I said yes to the dress!! I'm in love.  It's an Alfred Angelo dress A line- Empire waist lace dress style 801.  The dress in the picture was a tad small so it's pulling more across the middle then it normally would.  I'm also getting a corset back.  The belt in the middle was added on to give it some sparkle.

@ashwise  I am wearing the same dress!!  And I too also added a sash and I went with the zippered back.  Here is a photo.  Excuse the face, I had no idea my mom was taking the photo LOL.   I usually don't post here, I just browse and read the posts.   

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ignore the lace shrug, it's not part of the dress and not what I'm getting.... 

This is my actual dress from my "try on" appointment - just need to schedule my fittings in a month or so! 

Allure bridals
  • That's awesome @50shadesofme I love that dress so much.  I'm doing the corset back, I thought about the zipper back but I like the look of the corset much better.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My dress is size 20W- Alfred Angelo - color white/claret 1516W style 146.  I bought the dress about a year or so ago and at the time it just about fit. It was a little bit big but could have been altered. Our wedding just seems to keep being pushed out and I have been on a diet and have lost too much weight to even consider trying to alter it and I am still losing weight so by the time I am finished losing weight it most definitely will not be able to be taken in.  It will ruin the dress and not look the same if I attempt to have that much material taken in and I'm not going to risk doing that to something so expensive. So basically I have a wedding gown that I tried on once and will never be able to wear.  I have it for sale on Craigs List but no bites on it.  I looked it up online and this exact same dress is going for $899.00.  If anyone knows a plus sized woman that needs a dress have her check out the pictures. I have it listed for $800 ($99 less than I've seen it advertized) and will include the head piece I got too but will consider decent offers.
  • My dress is size 20W- Alfred Angelo - color white/claret 1516W style 146.  I bought the dress about a year or so ago and at the time it just about fit. It was a little bit big but could have been altered. Our wedding just seems to keep being pushed out and I have been on a diet and have lost too much weight to even consider trying to alter it and I am still losing weight so by the time I am finished losing weight it most definitely will not be able to be taken in.  It will ruin the dress and not look the same if I attempt to have that much material taken in and I'm not going to risk doing that to something so expensive. So basically I have a wedding gown that I tried on once and will never be able to wear.  I have it for sale on Craigs List but no bites on it.  I looked it up online and this exact same dress is going for $899.00.  If anyone knows a plus sized woman that needs a dress have her check out the pictures. I have it listed for $800 ($99 less than I've seen it advertized) and will include the head piece I got too but will consider decent offers.
  • This is my dress, Enzoani Farlow. I love it so much.
  • vollebellvollebell member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    That looks so gorgeous on you dramamonkey!

unfortunately, dresses sold by a private seller (not a salon or online retailer) usually sell for about half of their original price.  That dress is currently selling on the Alfred Angelo website for $999.00.  So, chances are, you won't be able to sell it for more than $500-600.00.

Try listing it on tradesy.com also.  You can also try listing it on the classifieds here on theknot, preownedweddingdresses.com or oncewed.com (not all of those sites are free to list, I think oncewed charges a fee.  But again, you probably need to list it for about $600 to get anyone's interest.

PS - I just looked on tradesy, and that dress is selling for between $250-650ish.