Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

January wedding and question about invite/RSVP timing

Ok...so maybe I am over-thinking this.  I can do that at times.

Our wedding is January 18th.  I need to let me venue know a final headcount NO later than January 8th. 

The very last day my hotel is holding our block of rooms is December 27th.

With the holidays, etc...when would you suggest sending the actual invitations and what would you suggest as an RSVP date?  I want to leave a cushion between my RSVP date and when I have to give the venue a final headcount so I can call any individuals that haven't RSVPd etc.

*** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: January wedding and question about invite/RSVP timing

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    • You could send them out 8 weeks before the wedding and have an RSVP by four weeks before the wedding date.  That way it gives you significant time to call anyone you haven't heard from or if you get an uncompleted card back for some reason.  Here are some ways to say RSVP by:  "We look forward to celebrating with you! Kindly reply by the _____"  "Kindly reply by the ______"  "A response is requested by the _____"  "Please respond by the ______"  "The favor of your reply is requested by _____" 
  • Options

Hi!  We are getting married on January 19th.  We have a lot of out of town guests.  We are sending them out Nov 1 and requesting the RSVPs be returned by Dec 1.  I know it is unconventionally early, but we decided to do it anyway.  We really want to know our headcount so that we can plan the final details before the insanity of the holidays!

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    I would pick Jan 1. You will have a week to call people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thank you for your input.  Our invitations are already printed and we are completely comfortable with the dates chosen.  I was responding to DrexelKathy's inquiry - not soliciting feedback on our own decision. 

Good luck DrexelKathy - i hope your planning is going smoothly.  Can't believe how fast the time is flying by!

• Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Ok - so 8 weeks would be November 23rd if I count correctly on my calendar to send OUT the invitations.

I am debating between December 28th and January 4th as the date for the RSVPs to be due back to me.

I think I'll likely go with the 4th.

Thanks ladies!
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards