Destination Weddings Discussions

If you were receiving a Welcome Bag, what would you want in it?

So far, I have my bags (small paper bags).  I had custom tags made with each person's name, a copy of our itinerary, and a special welcome note from us.

When I get to Hawaii, I am going ot pick out their goodies/snacks.

Do you have any idea on what I can pick up now and ship it?  I am able to ship as much as I want to my hotel.

I want them to be nice!

Jen

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: If you were receiving a Welcome Bag, what would you want in it?

• For me, sunscreen, hand lotion, and water are the three greatest things you can give me when I get off the plane. Mine have always been either forgotten or confiscated, and it's super nice to just have them waiting for me.

Another idea might be to include a map of the general area and suggested activities. But ABC stores have all this stuff. I suggest you make it easy on yourself and worry about it later instead of shipping things now. Wouldn't it just be a mess if you did that and it either didn't arrive in time or broke on the way?
  • That's true icecreamcono.  I do have to ship my decorations though.  I went to DTLA to get the stuff and I am going to ship overnight on the Friday before I arrive so the box will be waiting for me on Monday. 

Are the ABC stores reasonable?  I only have 25 bags but it can add up!

That's NEXT Friday....yikes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got tote bags from the dollar store and put a beach mat, water spray fan, sun block, a welcome letter/schedule and  magnet that said "I went to a destination wedding and all I got was this magnet. 
    I wanted to put wedding related scratch off tickets in there but I didn't have time to get them. 

By the way, I saw a flyer for $2 beach mats at Five Below if you are interested. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • water, water WATER. best thing ever. The bottles are so expensive at the hotel and especially in a warm climate and if you are going to be drinking it is so nice to have an extra bottle. 

We did bottle of water, a bottle of sparkling fruit juice, trail mix and some other small snacks, mini playing cards, a map, gum and suntan lotion. everyone raved about it. I can tell you that it was a stress that I totally did not need to have the day we got into town. I would have totally regretted it if I didn't have guests constantly telling us how much they appreciated them. 
  • ABC Stores have everything, and pretty cheaply. Probably less than the cost of shipping. But WinoGrrl is right, it's extra stress on arrival. Do whatever you think you should, but I promise you won't be paying a boatload more if you buy at the ABC stores. They have the straw beach mats for $5, and all the other stuff you might need. 

Oh, HAND SANITIZER! How awesome are the mini bottles of hand sanitizer? Or even the moist towelettes? 
  • Girls, thank you so much for these ideas!! I will write them down and check off my list to make it as easy as possible.  I am up to my ears in last minute shopping!!

I want to make sure these are ready to drop off at my guests hotels before they get there. I already mapped out their locations compared to mine :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dollar Stores or 5 And Below will have cheap sunglasses - great for destination weddings. Get them in colors that match your wedding colors, and then guests will match if they bring their quirky new shades to your wedding!
  • I used small paper bags but I couldn't ship them ahead of time... inside mine, I put: asprin, a "do not disturb" door sign, snacks (cheese and crackers & oreos), sunscreen, mini hand sanitizer from bath and body works, koozies, and a thank you note.   They were a huge hit and didn't cost me a whole lot. 
  • Oh thank you for the ideas! I will head to B&BWs this week before I ship on Friday!  I also LOVE the koozie idea...i've got plenty of drinkers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards