October 2014 Weddings

Flowers

Hey ladies! I am a October bride but not until 2016 :( so since tk doesn't have one made up yet for my year I figure I post on here. We have already looked at our venue will be putting the deposit down in February and book our date! I am already starting to look at flower ideas. I know I still have ways to go but i'm a planner! 

I would love to hear what all kinds of flowers your using for your bouquets, centerpieces or if not flowers for centerpieces what are you using?

I already been talking to a florist but we aren't meeting up until spring time since that's when she will have more in season flowers.

image 125 Invited So Far
image 26 Are Ready To Party!
image 0 Will Be Missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: Flowers

• Your best bet is to meet with your florist in October because whats in season in October wont be whats in season in spring. 
  • Your right! She replied back say to meet in fall time she was thinking spring because my name is April ha! I don't know much about flowers that why I went along with it.

image 125 Invited So Far
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • We are actually doing silk flowers. However we are doing hydrangeas which are fall flowers. I am very excited about this decision.
    Anniversary
  • I going to do White/ivory hydrangeas (possibly with some roses with. We arent having flowers for our table decor but different size candle holders (mostly tea lights and pillar candles) along the middle of the table...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TeddiD34TeddiD34 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013

Like @smalfrie19 I'm also having hydrangeas. There's an earlier post about choosing inspiration boards that invloved showing a bunch of flower choices for many brides from this board.

Welcome to this October Board. Yours will be up on tk before you know it :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hydrangeas for me as well! They're just so pretty!
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using hydrangeas as well! The one flower I was really hoping for was for a peony but I already knew going into that they aren't available in October but I still wanted to see what my florist said. So I researched and a lot of people said a garden rose kinda resembles them but she said that they are really exspensive and fall apart easily. Do any of you know what other fall flowers reseamble a peony? She said football mums do bc tbey have the fluffiness like peonies. I will also be using in my bouquet lisianthus and rancuculas. I was thinking for my centerpieces to have hydrangeas and some kind of orchid but I'm not sure.

image 125 Invited So Far
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards