Interfaith Weddings

Pagan Wedding suggestions

Earl and I are both Pagan. We want our ceremony to have a Pagan feel to it, but we dont want it to have too much, like we don't want to have an actual handfasting. I am very new to the religion, but he has been practicing it for years. I want nothing more than to have that Pagan feel to our ceremony and also to our reception without making our guests uncomfortable. Anyone have any ideas? Also any ideas for decorations or anything?

Re: Pagan Wedding suggestions

• I have been to a couple of weddings with pagan elements. 

One had a ringwarming in which the rings were passed from hand to hand to each guest to imbue the rings with the warmth of the guest's love.  The rings were tied together with a ribbon. 

Another wedding had the bride and groom plant a cedar tree (the type was important for reasons unknown to me) for their love to take root. 

Another involved blessing the ceremony space with incense (the type of incense was important).  
  • I am planning a wedding for next year, I am pagan, my fiance isn't, we are doing a traditional ring ceremony, as well as a hand fastening. It is also going to be a biker wedding, held at a local rally. We are called the biker and the witch. Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards