Canada-Ontario
Options

Enoch Turner Schoolhouse

Hi there!
Has anyone been to a wedding at Enoch Turner Schoolhouse? We went for a site visit last night and have a date on hold, but I just wanted to hear from someone who's either had theirs wedding, or been to a wedding there.   Their capacity is listed as 150 and we are expecting around 130 but being there, the space seems pretty small! I'm curious to know if things seemed cramped.  And also just generally what people's experiences were. 
Thanks!

Re: Enoch Turner Schoolhouse

• Options
    We looked into having our wedding there, but had an issue with their list of preferred caterers. I'm not sure if they've added more since we looked, but at the time, they only had 4. I contacted all of them and was very unimpressed with the services and prices of all 4 of them. In the end, we just weren't confident that the added cost of this "preferred caterer" would be worth it. It's such a beautiful space though, we saw it when it was set up for a wedding of 120 and it seemed to fit fine. Good luck!
  • Options
    I had a friend who;'s been to a wedding there.  Beautiful location and beautiful photos. The only downside she mentioned was the curfew for the noise level, even on a Saturday night.  So if you're hoping to dance and party the night away to some rocking' music, you may want to reconsider.  I can't remember what she said about the food so I can't help you there.
  • Options

This was on the short list for us also. The only reason we decided against it was also to do with the caterers, but not that we didnt like them, just that we prefered a venue that had it all included (we went with Archeo in the Distillery). The other reservation we had was temperature. There was no air movement when we went to visit the site and we were concerned it would get pretty hot and sweaty once you added 100 people and dancing, etc.

It is a beautiful venue though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards