Wedding Invitations & Paper

Regretting Color of Save the Dates

I have postcard save the dates in the mail to me.  I ordered them off of Etsy and chose to go with navy blue and yellow wording when I was originally going to use green and yellow wording.  I made the switch after my fiance said the colors reminded him of his fraternity.  Most of his friends are from the same fraternity and I didn't want them to immediately think of that fraternity when they read the postcard.  I just picked out my bridesmaid dresses (which will be yellow) and that has made me regret not going with my original color choice on the save the dates.  I would hate to throw money down the hole, but I do like green.  Has anyone else done this and if so, how did you deal with it?  I am so frustrated with myself right now.

Thanks!! :-)

Re: Regretting Color of Save the Dates

• I have postcard save the dates in the mail to me.  I ordered them off of Etsy and chose to go with navy blue and yellow wording when I was originally going to use green and yellow wording.  I made the switch after my fiance said the colors reminded him of his fraternity.  Most of his friends are from the same fraternity and I didn't want them to immediately think of that fraternity when they read the postcard.  I just picked out my bridesmaid dresses (which will be yellow) and that has made me regret not going with my original color choice on the save the dates.  I would hate to throw money down the hole, but I do like green.  Has anyone else done this and if so, how did you deal with it?  I am so frustrated with myself right now.

Thanks!! :-)
    I promise, this is one of the things you will look back on and regret spinning your wheels about.  No one is even going to notice.  Let it go, and don't waste money reordering.
  • LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    I'm so happy you posted this! I sent my save the dates a couple of months ago and now have to get my invitations (as well as BM dresses, flowers, etc) and totally had a moment of freaking out about the colors. I think I was just having second thoughts but I am now sticking with my original colors. However, during all of this, I decided that no one really is going to notice/care whether your colors match. Honestly, it sounds harsh, but it's actually a positive. No one cares as much about your wedding and the details as you do. 100% I wouldn't sweat it and I wouldn't spend more money on new std's.
  • Ditto PPs about nobody noticing/caring.
  • I agree with everyone else. The fraternity thing is silly. I'm was in a sorority; if I chose our sorority colors as wedding colors, even if someone did notice the coincidence, why would they care?
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My Save the Dates are a picture of my fiance and I taken on our boat at sunset.

My wedding is in January.

Nothing about the 2 things go together at ALL...and I promise, it doesn't matter.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We mailed our STDs before we even knew what our colors (and inviations) were going to look like.  Don't worry about it.
  • Thanks friends, you all are a breath of fresh air!!! :-)
  • Breathe, you're fine. No one is going to hold you to the color of your save the dates. Once they get the invites, they'll probably throw them away & forget what they ever looked like. I think it's very common for STD to not be the same color/style as what ends up being used for the wedding as many of those details aren't even decided when STD is sent out.

Enjoy the rest of your planning process

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards