Wedding Etiquette Forum

Example of terrific etiquette

I just got the best e-mail and even though I only post here occasionally, I wanted to share as I thought this might be a good news item of the day in terms of etiquette
Our venue had a tiny issue during our cocktail hour which they promptly fixed and the event went smoothly on. After our wedding the venue contact person apologized and invited ourselves and two other couples for a dinner and golf evening.
We just set up the date and I had asked about buying golf balls. Her reply: you are our guests, the golf balls are included in the invite.

Wow what a good lesson in hosting!

Re: Example of terrific etiquette

• What was the cocktail hour snaffu?
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I just got the best e-mail and even though I only post here occasionally I wanted to share as I thought this might be a good news item of the day in terms of etiquette Our venue had a tiny issue during our cocktail hour which they promptly fixed and the event went smoothly on. After our wedding the venue contact person apologized and invited ourselves and two other couples for a dinner and golf evening. We just set up the date and I had asked about buying golf balls. Her reply: you are our guests, the golf balls are included in the invite. Wow what a good lesson in hosting!

What was the issue?

Slightly OT, but if you golf...don't you have your own balls? Why would you be emailing a venue coordinator about that?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, as some of your sentences were run-on.

• I should have said it is a glow ball event so you need glow-in-the-dark balls. So I wanted to know of we had to buy those. I emailed the venue coordinator with the question at the same time as I was getting the details from her for the dinner and golf evening.

They had a septic issue, got a truck out, fixed within an hour. They also arranged shuttles to the other hall for bathrooms if needed while it was being fixed. It was so short I think only a few people used the shuttle. I did not find out until it was almost fixed as we were having photos done. I would book the same place again it went so smoothly.

And where did my periods go?? That is strange. Can I fix that now?
  • I don't think that this is an etiquette issue, but it IS  an example of a great contingency plan for a business who really cares about their customers! Awesome anyway!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good for them for not only handling it quickly and quietly but also for trying to make it up to you, so to speak, afterwards.
  • The part about hosting us for the golf event was the etiquette part. Not having to buy glow balls since they are hosting us is exactly what all of the terrific advice the lovely ladies here give.

Which I appreciated as I was planning :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards