Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Weddings in Punta Cana? Anyone getting/has gotten married there?

Hey all!
I have recently gotten engaged and am planning a wedding for September of next year in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. I feel overwhelmed with the different steps that need to be taken for a destination wedding. Being able to pick the correct resort with amenities that everyone will enjoy and also that has good rates for everyone. I am considering getting a wedding coordinator that can help arrange group rates and the overall wedding coordination. Any good suggestions? Congrats to everyone else on here and looking forward to hearing back!

Alianny

Re: Weddings in Punta Cana? Anyone getting/has gotten married there?

• Options
    Meg&AustinMeg&Austin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Welcome and congrats!! I got married in Punta Cana at the majestic colonial in May! The Dominican was an amazing choice. Are you having a symbolic wedding (getting married in the states first) or a civil wedding (legally married in the Dominican). There is a whole process tagged along with getting legally married there although easy it cost us an extra 500 dollars.

I did not use the company but had a consultation with the company and have heard some ladies here talk about good experiences but Beach Bum Vacations. You can go to their website online and fill out the questionnaire about price range and specific things you are looking for and then I got a phone call with options of resorts that included what I wanted in my price range.

Also do you know if you want an all inclusive resort or other lodging?! Hopefully I did not overwhelm you! Also a lot of resorts have wedding planners on site if you choose to get married on your resort. I know Punta Cana has party boats you can get married on and one bride gor married at the Jellyfish restaurant on the beach in Punta which is another option!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards