Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Dress for engagement pics.. Help please!

Next week, my fiance and I have our engagement shoot on the beach.. What do you think of this dress (with jewelry)?

Thanks!

Re: Dress for engagement pics.. Help please!

• Options
    I don't care for the style, but that's just my preference.  I would probably pick something a bit more beach-looking.....maybe a cotton dress or capris and a cute top..  And definitely more "summery" colors....or at least lighter colors (or even white if it works with your skin tone).
  • Options
    Wear something that you love and feel comfortable in. It's not my style either, so I'm no help.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wear a cute light summer dress!
  • Options
    I like it. Lighten it up with jewelry & you'll be golden! I think the dark colors will contrast well w/ the sand which is light years better than the typical khaki/white combo that makes you blend in with the landscape!
  • Options
    kateg0724 said:
    Next week, my fiance and I have our engagement shoot on the beach.. What do you think of this dress (with jewelry)?

Thanks!

I personally am not a huge fan of the dress (this is not an attack on your taste or anything, style preference is just different). However, I encourage you to wear what you love, what you feel beautiful in, and something that you will look back on and say "oh I look fantastic".
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It is not really my style, I prefer something that would have a little more structure or definition, even if just at the bust.  I am sure though, that the skirt blowing in the breeze would be nice in a nice shot. If you like it, then wear it.
  • Options
    I think its perfect..simple and elegant.
  • Options
    I like the dress! My only concern would be - are you flatchested? If not, this will be a very hard dress to pull off. I like that you aren't doing a typical summer dress and want something more high-fashion. Here are a few other ideas that are in the same vain as the dress you posted, but are more affordable and look to be structured better, and they are all navy!

Maxi with bustier top $76

Maxi with deep back $67

High-Low Dress $45
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards