Destination Weddings Discussions

Plus One's... Dilemma.

We're trying to finalize our guest list, but have come into a dilemma.  So far we have those who we know who are 18+ and in a serious relationship with a "Plus One". 

The issue we have, is that we have relatives who we don't speak with or see often, in which we have no idea if they are in a serious relationship or not. 

To keep our guest list on the smaller side... Is it OK to have those relatives, in which we're not sure of their relationship status, addressed as just themselves, and not with a "Plus One"??

Please help!

Re: Plus One's... Dilemma.

• I think so. Since there is no way of knowing without leading them into saying "Oh yes, I'd love a plus one," and then bringing randos, I think you are far better off waiting for the call to come saying, "Hey, so I've been in a relationship for x years... can I bring him?" Then you can say, oh that's great! I had no idea! Of course they can come. 
    That kind of thing.
  • That is a tough one.  It also depends on where your having.  At the resort where we are having the wedding it is a couples only resort so you need to have two people to a room.  So that can change the plus ones.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Etiquette-wise, you should definitely do some research to see if they have a SO or not.  Don't assume they don't and/or that they would ask you to bring them.  I would never ask someone if I could bring my SO, so you run the risk of excluding and really offending people. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards