Getting in Shape

Misery Loves Company :)

Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
edited July 2013 in Getting in Shape
So I didn't want to take up 1/2 a page on tomorrow's post, so I am ranting here.  Feel free to ignore, but if you've had a shitty day, misery would love some company :)

In fun news, apparently the vendor for whom we are supposed to be a significant client called my boss's counterpart at corporate to complain that some of us were having a bit too much attitude with them.  And apparently I was especially singled out.  
First, we are YOUR client, by choice, so you probably should just put up with the fact that we are not happy, and not highlight that we are addressing our unhappiness in tone.  Secondly, I'm sorry, are you not 40 something year old adult men?  And a 20 something female is "too mean?"  Grow a freaking pair.  
At least my boss has my back, but I am worried it will come to bite me later because the group I want to go to next deals heavily with vendors/suppliers, and is at the corporate level.  Similar situations have been known to bite people before.  And I still have a few more weeks of working with these people heavily.  Mind you, I've barely talked to them lately and one woman legit screamed at them on the phone today, and our IT guy has repeatedly done so.  But when we have to send you a number of emails over six times each because you are so disorganized, then I think we get the right to be irritated.

Just before this conversation with my boss, my coworker was messing with me and told me 'who said you were slim' and that I have 'triceps like a man.'  He was totally shitting with me and I was laughing hysterically, but when this was compounded with the fact that I am apparently mean, I just lost my willpower.

<Deleting friend drama for TK reasons>
And I drove all the way to get the Oreos and they never freaking had them despite telling me otherwise on the phone.  I am ready to defrost the rest of the cheesecake, but think I can fend off the urge.

Pity party done.

*Edit: I am aware this doesn't exactly make me sound like the nicest person, but I have never once raised my voice with them, or said anything intentionally mean or inappropriate.  The only thing I ever did, to my recollection, was point out that we shouldn't have to keep resending information so many times.

Anniversary

Re: Misery Loves Company :)

• @lobsters25 - I'm sorry to hear about your bad day. It sucks when stuff like this happens and it's totally out of your control. I didn't have a terrible day but I was completely irritated when I dialed in to a teleconference and the two other engineers I work with who were also on the call decided they would inform me via email that I should run the meeting. I was like seriously... But I guess all in all it went well.  

I'm fighting ice cream cravings and FI just told me he ate a snickers bar today. Grrrr. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. 
  • Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Fair enough @xcaly, thanks for the perspective :)  Though I doubt stress was itin their case, I will leave it be.  I haven't heard at all from her in the last two months, but c'est la vie.  I'll probably have to delete that portion soon in case any of them are still on TK.

@nonosgirl - sorry about your conf call!  I love the passive aggressive behavior that email fosters...that's completely dbag of them to do to you.  
    And FI didn't even bring you one?  I guess that's supportive of him, but booooo

Anniversary
  • I'm sorry you're having such a bad day lobsters!!! I mean... if you want the cheesecake maybe the scale will be down again tomorrow? I vote for a 2 day loss :)
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    @lobsters25 I'm sorry you had a bad day. Are these people local? I've been told I have a "regional" personality when in similar situations. And I agree with @bwils35 that the cheesecake may be a good thing!
  • @giaspo, EXACTLY.  I am a Jersey girl who was partially raised in New England.  My tone just has some directness to it, which has been misconstrued.  With all due respect to our GISers from all over, the Southern/Mid-Western people with whom we're working just don't get it.

I love all y'all.  I did avoid the cheesecake but had a bit of 1/2 the fat ice cream1`.23331 ``````````````````````````````````````11

Okay, see that typo while I was talking about dessert?  Smushie just typed that to you all, I kid you not.  So I had to leave it.  Smush <3  She also dimmed my monitor so now I can't see anything well...
    Anniversary
  • @bwils35, it's never happened for me twice in a row, probably because I've never had cheesecake two nights in a row.  But I may have to experiment with that at some point :)

Thanks again for the love ladies, and the same love to everyone with rough days today/this week
    Anniversary
  • Aw, I'm sorry work is being so dumb.  I work with a lot of vendors at my job (as in we are their clients) and, quite honestly, I've always found that being direct/straight forward is the best approach.  It sucks that it just isn't working in this case. 

At least you have your little Smushie to cheer you up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lobsters- I may have gotten myself in trouble today too :( Long story, but there's a doctor that is not one of our hospital's MD's who comes in to assess kids' discharge needs when it's a complicated case who is a complete moron, but our docs have to listen to her, or often don't step in to disagree and just follow her lead.  Then they page me, my dept disagrees, and I get repeatedly paged with stupid and ridiculous requests that aren't nearly logical nor am I about to put my license on the line and change my recommendations for them.  Today was one of those days that my pager never stopped going off.... I was holding myself back from screaming at them all by the end of the day.  Proof that doctors aren't gods, they can still be morons!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• ughhhh @ptrose13, I do not know how you put up with that day in and day out.  here's to hoping today is a quieter day for your pager!
    Anniversary
  • @Lobsters25, I have nothing constructive to add that hasn't been said. But I'm sorry your day was sucky, that people suck, and that I'll go punch someone for you if you want. Love!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards