Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

When to get bridesmaids dresses?

Hii

Wedding is in February 2014 and was wondering when should my girls buy their bridesmaids dresses?

Should it have been done already? lol

Re: When to get bridesmaids dresses?

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    That depends.  If you are getting bridesmaids dresses from a bridal salon then you should probably buy them four to six months before the wedding so that there is sufficient time for them to be ordered and shipped and altered.  If you and your bridesmaids are planning on getting their dresses off the rack, allow three months to get any necessary alterations done and to find shoes, purses, and/or jewelry.
  • Options
    I think any time would be okay. The easier route it to give them a swatch and say find your own dress so you don't have to coordinate anything. The next would be to dictate a color and line by a designer and let them pick their own dress, however, this can take a couple months and with Christmas shortly before your wedding, I would go looking soon. 
  • Options
    I would also say 4-6 months in advance. My wedding is in March 2014 and my girls just ordered their dresses last week. We got them at a bridal salon and they will arrive in November/December. The store told us that all the dress companies raise their prices right before the holiday season, so I'd get them before the end of September to make sure their arrive on time and alterations can be done without a rush. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hmm I guess I'm gonna have to go soon. Some of my girls are leaving for vacation and wont be back until September and then maybe that's pushing it to close? lol..

Thanks all!

btw @Tulips - How much of a depsoti did the girls have to put down? About Half?
  • Options
    @vazqueja the store was very lenient and they left as much as they wanted for the deposit. I don't think anyone left less than half though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards