Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

post wedding reception

My fiance's family is from out of state, so we will be having a separate reception in his home town a week after the actually wedding.  How do you let our invited out of town guests know this?  Do we put a note in the save-the-date/ wedding invite?

Thanks!

Re: post wedding reception

• Options
    Is his family unable to travel?  Why not just invite them to your actual wedding and reception?  If you think this plan is absolutely necessary, you have to invite everybody to the wedding and same-day reception.  Then I guess you could include an additional card for the people out of state to the effect of "for those unable to travel, we will be holding a celebration of our marriage in Hometown, USA on XXYYZZ". 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with @daveANDkristen like why not just invite them?
  • Options
    cwett001 said:
    My fiance's family is from out of state, so we will be having a separate reception in his home town a week after the actually wedding.  How do you let our invited out of town guests know this?  Do we put a note in the save-the-date/ wedding invite?

Thanks!

This is a separate event. Thus, there should be a separate invitation.
  • Options
    My husband's family is from Wisconsin and our wedding was in Connecticut. While we originally thought of doing what you're doing, it was easier to just invite everyone to CT. The family had no problem making it out to the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards